Full screen ads in Android

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
I noticed lot of apps now have full screen ads that show up when you close the app. VERY annoying. Anyone else notice this? Seems to be a new trend. Is there a way to block this crap? It's quite ridiculous.

The two apps that seem to do it a lot is ISS tracker (never did it before) and a new app I installed called ISS HD Live. I suspect that app may have introduced it.

Pay a buck to remove the ads in ISS HD Live. Developers have to eat too.

I block ads through Xposed. :D

I do upgrade to the ad-free/pro versions of apps that I use a lot though anyways.

Someone is actually complaining about some ads in apps that really aren't free at all - see, they put ads in the "free" apps so you can use them and not pay anything out of pocket but the people that write the apps get something for their time.

TANSTAAFL, kids.

As noted, pay the buck or whatever if you use the app more than once and quit the whining.

Anyway, discussion of ad blocking software in any respect (even Android) is against the rules here at [H], and there apparently is no second chance so - even though I'm not an Admin or Mod - consider yourself now made aware of it.

The HardForum Rules said:
(23) Any discussion of AD BLOCKING software or instruction for using ad blocking regarding this forum or any other discussion in general of attempting to block advertisement will result in a no questions asked permanent ban on your account. This is not done lightly, rather deliberately to deny access to those who choose to utilize this forum, but not support our sponsors. It takes money to finance the cost of bandwidth, especially a forum of this size and if you don't care enough to support us through our advertisers, then we don't need your business. This will be the only warning with no discussion.

Someone is actually complaining about some ads in apps that really aren't free at all - see, they put ads in the "free" apps so you can use them and not pay anything out of pocket but the people that write the apps get something for their time.

TANSTAAFL, kids.

As noted, pay the buck or whatever if you use the app more than once and quit the whining.

Anyway, discussion of ad blocking software in any respect (even Android) is against the rules here at [H], and there apparently is no second chance so - even though I'm not an Admin or Mod - consider yourself now made aware of it.

What you quoted is in regards to blocking ads on [H], nothing more.

Meh, I'm a paid subscriber to Genmay and we've discussed it in there with no issues. I think we're good here as long as we're not talking about the forum specifically. I don't block ads on this forum on any platform, just in some apps that don't allow me to pay to remove them.

We'll find out soon enough, won't we?

Come at me bro. :p

Had no idea it was against the rules to talk about ad blocking in general, my bad.

It's one thing to have small ads at the bottom of an app but an ad that comes on AFTER you close/minimize the app is quite ridiculous. I've been wanting to look into blocking ad hosts at the router level, I'll have to play with that and see if it takes care of it. Will only work when I'm on my own network of course.

I can confirm the app ISS detector and possibly other apps does it too so it's not just one app, it never did this before, so I think I may have some kind of spyware on my phone. Is there a way to check this? I know android has more security holes than IIS 6.0 so I probably got hit with something, what are the steps to take for cleaning out stuff like this?

When I hold down on home button I don't get any list like that site is saying. Here is an example ad:

It random happens when hitting the back button in an app.

Last edited:
Back