Full-motion, tilting/articulating wallmount for Large Flat-Panels

3. All posts must include the item and price in the title/subject line and a link to the item in the body of the thread.

Just sayin'.

169.00 -- not all that hot to me. Costco has fully articulating mounts for large displays for under 100. These are not nearly the same deal as online - check out in store. Silverlake WA

I feel very uncomfortable of having a 125lb tv swining around on a mount like that. I do underestimate it, but I have also dropped a 58" plasma from a mount.

I'm honestly wondering if it can be secured to a brick wall--my plan is above my fireplace with tap/cons epoxied into the mortar between the bricks.

I want it to swing out of the way for when I build a fire and don't wan tmy LCD smoky.

But staying on topic, I'll head to costco in-store and see what they've got.

I feel very uncomfortable of having a 125lb tv swining around on a mount like that. I do underestimate it, but I have also dropped a 58" plasma from a mount.

No way would I mount a 40 inch screen on that. I think the 125lb weight raiting is just from the wall bracket. I am sure this works fine for a lot of people, however 125lb is a lot of weight to be hanging out like that if you intent to be swinging it around for a few years.

The ones at Costco capable of holding a 42" TV are about $240 not $69. I have a buddy that works there that confirmed this for me. I thought it was the best price until I found the one I bought at Sam's Club .com for $118.

This one: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=396413

And this isn't a Costco vs. Sam's Club post, I have memberships to both. In fact I have a nice 42" Vizio from Costco mounted on it :D

The ones at Costco capable of holding a 42" TV are about $240 not $69. I have a buddy that works there that confirmed this for me. I thought it was the best price until I found the one I bought at Sam's Club .com for $118.

This one: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=396413

And this isn't a Costco vs. Sam's Club post, I have memberships to both. In fact I have a nice 42" Vizio from Costco mounted on it :D

It depends on the mount, the mount I got from costco for the 58" is built like a tank and was only 99 bucks.

Nice thing about either costco or sams is their return policy, if it holds like crap, return it.

I'm honestly wondering if it can be secured to a brick wall--my plan is above my fireplace with tap/cons epoxied into the mortar between the bricks.

I want it to swing out of the way for when I build a fire and don't wan tmy LCD smoky.

But staying on topic, I'll head to costco in-store and see what they've got.

I'd be very suspicious of brick because it doesn't lend itself to those kinds of stresses unless it's very thick. Moreover, old brick tends to be very brittle, as I discovered after a dish installation.

I think you have to bolt this into concrete or wood (preferably 2x8) if you want to cantilever 125lbs like that. You might want to investigate further on avsforum.com, fireplace mounts have been discussed quite a few times on there, including the smoke/heat issue.

(Thanks, OP-- didn't realize there were deals on these things.)

I have a mount that does not look all that strong, only 2 bolts into the wall, thin barely visible back plate.

Mounted it on a stud in the garage and I could hang on it while it was fully extended with no issue (me = ~165), I say no problem for my TV that weighs around 60lbs (46" LCD)

Fry's has one that has an even higher weight rating, 200 pounds or so. Saw it in person and it looked really sturdy. Of course how you mount it is also important. $99. Don't recall the brand but they had several models there that were less (with lower capacity)

i'd rather just set the tv on something. don't want to wake up to aloud noise ;)

Ive used about 10 of these in installs and never once had a problem. People seem to think that just because something isn't expensive that it isn't a quality product. If there was a problem with something from monoprice you wouldn't hear them being recommended every time you turn around.

Back