• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

full load vs true load

CoW]8(0)

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,427
When Windows reports processor usage and you see 100%, you assume the processor is at 'full load'. But is this full load equal to the full load of another program which performs a different task while still consuming 100% CPU according to Windows?

Is the heat energy a processor produces dependent on the tasks it performs? Even when it's performing such a task at its full potential?

I ask this simply because my 'full load' temperature seems to change depending on what program is providing the load.

ATITool vs Folding
Both report 100% processor usage.

I expected using ATITool would report higher temperatures because it loads the GPU also. But I had the opposite affect.
 
The reson the full load temps of one program vs. another differ is that they may put full load on different parts of the cpu (i.e. FPU, Cache..)
 
I don' t know about all that but I would just use one program for benching purposes ... prime95 etc.
 
Back
Top