• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Full Ipod / Podcasts question

Minotaar

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 21, 2004
Messages
97
Hi, I am seriously considering purchasing an ipod. I'm really really allergic to retarded software, and while itunes isnt perfect, the feature that I need most is the podcast download and synching feature.

What Im really interested in is if you fill up your shuffle or other non-HD based ipod, does itunes know how to take out the older podcasts and put in newer podcasts, so that you dont need to worry about this sort of day to day tranferring? If I had to decide which podcasts to put on and which to take off, I buy the whole thing - too much hassle.

As a more general question to those knowledgable about their ipods, how does the ipod/itunes system handle the case when your music library (in my special case, podcasts) is larger than your mp3 player?
 
I dunno about the second question.

For the first question, you set up the way podcasts and movies sync. You can set it to keep all, keep all for a certain date, only keep ones you haven't heard, etc.
 
Ive become addicted to podcasts myself. I have it set now to keep all podcasts. In some I have downloaded the last years worth of them. I am just about caught up now. Then I will tell it to just keep the newest 3. Itunes will delete the old as the new ones come in.
 
I realize itunes will delete all but the latest X, but isnt there a way that the shuffle will have only the latest X, and itunes will have everything?
 
Back
Top