• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fujitsu MAU vs. MAX

Dually

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
156
I wasn't able to find any performance data for the Fujitsu MAX Series of drives on Storage Review, and the basic info on the Fujitsu site for the MAX Series seems identical to MAU Series. Is their a performance difference between the Fujitsu MAU and MAX Series of drives or was the MAX introduced to meet RoHS Compliance requirements?
 
Just like B vs L Maxtor drives, the only physical difference between MAU and MAX (as well as MAT/MAW and MAV/MAY) is RoHS compliance on the newer SKUs. Perhaps firmware/buffer code may have been slightly updated, but you really can't go wrong with any Fujitsu SCSI drive if you need SCSI.
 
Thanks! :D I thought/hoped that might be the case, but I wasn't able to confirm.

I've already got MAUs online in a 1U Server. I'm getting ready to bring 2 more 1U servers online, and was hoping to keep the hardware configs identical. So I will just go with MAUs and not bother with either swapping out the existing MAUs for MAXs or keeping both MAU and MAX spares on hand.
 
Back
Top