• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fujitsu 15k SCSI drives.

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 11, 2001
Messages
12,830
I recently upgraded from a 36g raptor to an Adaptec 39160 and a 36g Fujitsu MAU3036 15k drive. When my friend heard that I went with SCSI he said that he had another 36G 15k fujitsu drive that I could have basically for free. He finally got back to me with the model number and it is a MAM3367. From some quick research it seems like it is a few generations older than my MAU drive.

Does anyone have any experience with the Fujitsu MAM drives? How would it compare to the MAU? How would it compare to the 36g Raptor? I read some comments I found on Google that says the drive is pretty loud, I wonder how bad it really is?
 
Hi, as I know fujitsu has 4 types of 15K SCSI disk

MAM,MAS,MAU,MAX the last type is not for sale (nearly same speed as MAU),so we consider there has three types, MAM is much slower than MAU(65MB/s to 93MB/s), so if I were you, I won't make any RAID on these two. But if you just use them, I mean "use". you can make MAU at Channal A and MAM at Channal B

I can give you some data to compare working noise

MAU:46.6 dB/A@0.7
MAP:47.0 dB/A@0.7
MAS:50.5 dB/A@0.7
MAM:49.3 dB/A@0.7
 
RAID'ing those two drives is only going to limit the potential of your MAU drive. Also, I'd imagine that the MAM unit has a pretty substantial idle noise.
 
DougLite said:
RAID'ing those two drives is only going to limit the potential of your MAU drive. Also, I'd imagine that the MAM unit has a pretty substantial idle noise.

Oyeah~~~However, It's much more quite than IBM's 15K :p
 
IBM drives are loud. My 10K DDYS is the loudest drive I have ever heard, period.
 
Back
Top