FTP Transfer speeds

ne0-reloaded

[H]ard|Gawd
i've just set up my first ftp server and I'm wondering if ftp speeds are usually really slow. Someone's dling a 4.3gb file from me, but his dl speed is only about 40kbps. we're both on broadband and i have about a 192kbps upload speed. i'm using serv-u 4.0 pro. is this normal, or is there something wrong?

thanks for any help

Is your upstream being used by anything else?

My upstream is 128Kb, and when I(or someone else) retrieves something from remote the we get within 75-95% of the capabilities of my connection. ....13-16KBps

sorry for the late reply...
anyways my i checked my upload speed on dslreports.com and it said my upload speed is 355. not sure how accurate it is, but that's what it is. I reran the test a couple tests and i get the same number everytime basically. I had someone dl a 1.33mb file from me and serv-u said the transfer rate averaged at about 43.87kBps. I thought the 43kBps was slow, but i guess not. Thanks for the help. Also, im looking for a more robust ftp server (currently using serv-u 5.0).

thanks

Your FTP server won't affect your speed like you think it is. Most of them are pretty solid.

Your 'net connection is what is holding you back; I wouldn't complain though!

Back