Ftp server acting weird

Soarin

2[H]4U
Basically what's going on is when I upload a file to the server into a certain directory, say ~/Music it uploads it to every directory too and I have no clue why. I'm using Filezilla on my Raspberry pi Stretch to upload the files. The server is my external hdd connected to my linksys wrt3200acm. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and when I delete the files from one folder it deletes them from all. I'm not sure if I have a setting wrong or what.

What file system is on the external hdd? How is the hdd connected to your router (eSATA, USB, ethernet, wireless)? How is this Raspberry Pi connected to your router? Which firmware version are you running on the linksys router?

Are you using any sort of network sharing? Linksys firmware does not support EXT4 file system and Samba is limited to SMBv1 (huge security problem). Cisco sold Linksys to Belkin and most recently Foxconn bought them both.

With no update from Linksys since January 16 2018 you may want to give up stock firmware and try the current build of DD-WRT or Davidc502's build of OpenWRT.

Back