FT: GTX 960 4GB

Runt.

Gawd
I gave my cousin’s son my Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB (GV-N960G1 GAMING-4GD) graphics card so that he can finally do some decent PC gaming from a Quadro 2000! Unfortunately the card doesn’t fit in his case. I would’ve just took the card back and swap it with another card of mine but he is located in Toronto and I am located in NYC so its a bit of a drive. Anyway trying to find someone in the Toronto area who is looking to trade their “smaller” and somewhat equivalent graphics card for the GTX 960 4GB.

Below is a short list of what I think is a fair trade + cash (CAD) for “weaker” cards

GTX 1050
GTX 950
GTX 760
RX 560 + $25
RX 460 + $25
R7 370 + $25
GTX 750 Ti + $50
R7 360 + $50
GTX 750 + $65
GT 1030 + $65

Please let me know.

My heatware is @ https://www.heatware.com/u/77207/to

it might be easier if you supplied us the case you're trying to fit this in - there's a big difference between "triple fans are just barely too long for this short case", and "nothig bigger than half-height card will fit in this tiny SFF"

it might be easier if you supplied us the case you're trying to fit this in - there's a big difference between "triple fans are just barely too long for this short case", and "nothig bigger than half-height card will fit in this tiny SFF"

oh sorry, its a Dell Optiplex 7010

I have a 1030GT if you want to buy that outright from me for what I paid for it pre pandemic.

Hey Runt, I am Canadian as well, just near the Ottawa region. I have a 4gb GTX 760 he's welcome to have if you shoot me his address.

It's a pretty long card though, triple fan. So, have him measure the current problem card and I'll see if mine is shorter

Runt.

Hey Runt, I am Canadian as well, just near the Ottawa region. I have a 4gb GTX 760 he's welcome to have if you shoot me his address.

It's a pretty long card though, triple fan. So, have him measure the current problem card and I'll see if mine is shorter

Runt.

The GTX 960 4GB is also a triple fan and the Gigabyte website shows its measurements as H=39 L=298 W=115 mm. Your card and his are probably around the same length. I think a single fan would fit for sure and possibly a dual fan but a triple won’t. The hard drive slots get in the way. Thanks for the offer though, it is appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runt.
like this
FWIW, I think when I measured my Dells for maximum card length, they had to be under 10" long to avoid the drive cages. (y) This is for the optiplex 990 and 3010 and one other one that's got the same MT case design.

Found this site that's a really good guide for these things: https://www.hardware-corner.net/guides/best-dedicated-gpu-for-dell-optiplex/

Yeah, I have one of the short asus dual-fans, but given the cost of shipping up to Canada, i cant help. best of luck

Back