FSX Install

Ripbrood

Limp Gawd
Having issues installing fsx on my pc and was wondering if anyone else had the same problem. When I try to load installation it goes through part way and then gives error 1335 this is a brand new retail cd from microsoft. If anyone could help and give some ideas on this I would appreciate it.

For whatever reason, the FSX installer does not seem to like working with CD drives or DVD drives, so the solution is to copy the files off the discs onto your hard drives or a thumb drive. Googling for "Microsoft FSX 1335" shows how to do that in the first two hits, which I will quote here:

1. Put the FSX Disc1 into a laptop or any other computer.
2. Connect a thumb drive or external drive to that computer. (make sure you have enough disk space!)
3. Create ONE new folder on the thumb/external drive, name it something like FSX.
4. COPY all files from Disk 1 AND Disk 2 into that FSX folder.
NOTE- overwrite the couple of files and the Program Files folder, when asked. It SHOULD "MERGE" the files from Disk2 into the FSX folder where the Disk1 Program Files folder is already sitting.
5. Disconnect the thumb/external drive and connect it to the misbehaving computer, where you want to install FSX.
6. Simply run the FSX Setup from the FSX folder on the thumb/external drive.
NOTE- you could probably copy the FSX folder onto the main computer, but simply installing from my Verbatim external drive worked fine.
7. Follow these steps to create an ACCEL folder and perform the same with the Acceleration disk (if you bought that one too.) DO NOT, however, combine the ACCEL folder into the previous folder.
8. Install FSX from the FSX folder, activate, THEN install ACCEL from the ACCEL folder you made from the ACCEL disk.

Alright so I found out this is a common issue. I did get everything installed. Everytime it popped an error up I opened the disc drive, closed it and hit retry and it installed that file only did it a few times and the game runs great and smooth. Thanks again.

Back