FSP Hydro X 650W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
FSP Hydro X 650W Power Supply Review - FSP does not have much to say about its Hydro X in terms of marketing speak, but it does hit the high points that enthusiast system builders are looking for: "Silent operation, High efficiency ≧ 90%, Full Japan-made electrolytic capacitors, Powerful single +12V rail design, Ribbon cables, and Complete protection: OCP, OVP, SCP, OPP, OTP."

Thanks. Nice review. I guess I am not the only one who stays away from FSP seeing the comments are empty! Maybe they can re-image themselves with these newer models. Hard to justify trying them out for those prices though. Corsair has their hooks in me I guess.

I guess I am not the only one who stays away from FSP seeing the comments are empty!

Nah. Mid-range stuff like this falls into that trap. Everyone loves high-end stuff even if they can't buy it because.......it's what they want to own. Everyone loves to see dumpster fires on the low end because......dumpster fires are strangely entertaining. When it is right in the middle, everyone buys it and no one wants to tell someone they didn't buy the highest end product.

Last edited:
Nah. Mid-range stuff like this falls into that trap. Everyone loves high-end stuff even if they can't buy it because.......it's what they want to own. Everyone loves to see dumpster fires on the low end because......dumpster fires are strangely entertaining. When it is right in the middle, everyone buys it and no one wants to tell someone they didn't buy the highest end product.

That definitely makes sense. Power supplies are the Holy Grail though... I just go conservative on other parts, because South Texas electricity quality is like the weather. Give it a minute and it will change! It may be pretty good in Austin, but here in San Antonio it is real flaky. I'm a capacitor freak from waaay back in the days of electrolytics and the jiffypops, so when I discovered this site years ago, the first thing I noticed was the infatuation with quality caps!! I like the middle and I would definitely grab this one if available and price was right. That [H] means a lot to me when I build for myself and clients.

**LOVE the pics of the insides** & Tortures Tests!!

Back