FSB issue with DS3

Glyphic

[H]ard|Gawd
So out of the blue, my mobo just started doing this, it was fine till earlier today. Whatever I set my FSB top in bios, it boots with 1 less FSB. I set my FSB to 399 and it boots with 398. Anyone know how to fix this?

Glyphic said:
So out of the blue, my mobo just started doing this, it was fine till earlier today. Whatever I set my FSB top in bios, it boots with 1 less FSB. I set my FSB to 399 and it boots with 398. Anyone know how to fix this?

Set it to 1 higher than you want it to actually be?

LOL... sorry, I just had to. :D

Same thing has been happening to me.... I have no clue why.

Then you go set the FSB 1 higher, but it actually goes 2 higher than you want it it. Funny stuff.

In any case, I don't think it's a big deal.

same thing here. SSometimes it boots with a 457*7 setting, and sometimes it boots where its suppost to be 458*7 :confused:

I've seen this behavior a couple of times. Would boot at 399 instead of 400. No big deal really, doesn't seem to affect stability.

I think it just has to do with the spread spectrum.

If you could disable it, it would probably boot at exactly the Mhz you stated. But b/c it constantly varies the FSB slightly to prevent waves building/interference at a constant frequency, it could boot + or - about .5Mhz FSB, which is enought to be rounded up or down.

When CPU-Z is loaded you can see it fluctuate back & forth about 1Mhz (+- .5 roughly). Some motherboards allow you to disable the Spread Spectrum, which keeps the Mhz/FSB constant, but allow your system to be more vunerable to interference.

Back