• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FSB:DRAM ratio...Overclocking...Utter OCnfusion - Please HELP

sham

n00b
Joined
Dec 4, 2005
Messages
50
Hello all,

I AM IN UTTER CONFUSION

As from my last post"I have an AMD 64bit 3700+ San Diego. It has been overclocked from 2.2Ghz - 2.7Ghz. The HT Multiplier is at 4x and the multipier the same. I have just increased the fsb. The voltage is at stock. The idle temp is 33*c.

The problem I have is to do woith stability. When using prime 95 and doing a SMALL FFT TORTURE TEST and "memtest" together, they both work without any problems for over 10 hours - and more.

THE PROBLEM>>>Yet when I run just prime95 on small fft's without "memtest" an error comes up after 10 - 30 minutes. It says a fatal error, and Rounding Test 0.5, expected less than 0.4.

Is theer a reason why this only happens when i am not running memtest?

Does this mean the overclock is not stable - i have no problems using the PC at the moment?

Is tehre a way of solving this or is it first time builders and overclockers paranoia."

>>>>>I was trying to overclock my processor for the above reason. Supposedly, my FSB:DRAM ration used to be CPU/1 before.

When my PC was overclocked it was CPU/15.

I have now reverted all settings and it is at CPU/11.

What does th8is eman.

Is this bad

Why have I got it.

I would re\lly appreciate someones help, and try to solve the problem.

I don't know what to do, or if I have damaged any parts.

Thanks
 
Small FFT's is a cpu torture test and is much more hard on the cpu than blend or in place.. Try increasing your volts a small increment and drop your HTT link to 3x.
 
i will do so.

But primarily, i want to get the FSB:DRAM ratio back to CPU/1....was it evr like that.

the CPU multiplier is at 200Mhz, the HT Multiplier is at AUTO, and the Multiplier is at 11*. All standard features.

Have I done any permanent damage.

thanks
 
The rpoblem is that the FSB:DRAM ration is not 1:1.


I have being a bit for eading, you want to raise your FSB to a higher speed than your RAM supports, you have the option of running your RAM at a lower speed than your FSB.

So if my FSB is at 200, and my ram is at 201, should i not have 1:1.
 
Do you mean to run your RAM and CPU at a 1:1 ratio? If so your RAM would be running at 270, Thats quite an overclock if you're running PC3200 DDR400 (200) You didn't mention any system specs other than your CPU. My first a64 chip would run anything I threw at it overclocked except Prime. I would prefer my idle temps to be a bit lower, but yours aren't bad.
 
the problem is that I am getting the FSB:DRAM ration to be - CPU/11.

It should be 1:1

Cos my fsb is 201 and so is the ram.

It says some frequency is running at 270 though.

Why is it CPU/11...is that even possible.

i have restored all details to standard on bios.

Could it be a glitch in CPUID...is there another program i can use to test this
 
i am using cpuid, and i get the CPU/`11...is that even possible
 
I'm thinking maybe your cpu is still overclocked yet you think it isn't. If the divider is 1:1, your ram will be running at 270, which maybe your's can't handle.
 
i have thje geil ultra-x pc3200/pc4400 ram which can handel it

is it cos i possibly iunknowingly changed the ram divider.

how do i revert this

i have reverted allk stnadard default settings in bios...should this have solved it
 
Back
Top