FS: XFX 5970 Black Edition (EK water blocked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegtproject

Weaksauce
SOLD

Have an XFX 5970 Black Edition (transferable lifetime warranty I do believe- (except installing the water block probably ruined that) with an EK water block attached.

It does have an issue with being too cool with overdrive enabled (known as the cold bug) where in a Win7 Desktop on some of the newer drivers the driver will crash (but recovers!). This thread covers exactly how to correct the issue in Windows and it never will be a bother to you again: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/281111-33-overdrive-underclocks Basically when cool, the 5970 does not like to operate under 157/300 frequencies. Just correct that (per the guide above) to 400/600 (probably even less) and you'll be fine.

Not a game I've ran into that was unplayable on this card to this day. But I don't have to tell you that on these forums.

I'll include the original air cooler, but I am not guaranteeing I have all the screws, in fact I'm sure i'm missing a couple :( So the stock cooler is in no way a part of the sale, just a bonus.

Price
--------

Down from $370 to now $350, free shipping to intercontinental United States.

OR

Willing to trade for very clean and worthy notebook PM offer

This is my first [H] sale and I intend to begin with high rating. I created a heatwave account: thegtproject and I will be very prompt with shipping. I'll have my friend with high rating vouche for me in this thread if I can later today.

Last edited:
Bought one of my Intel SDD's in sig off of this guy and sold him My XFX 5870 no problems either time, Good buyer and seller.

Just keep bumping, sometimes it takes a while to sell here. I would say if you have the air cooler you should include that. also, maybe list a price w/o water block and try to sell water block separate

edit; keep bumping every six hours of course

Since the high end 6900 series is competitive price wise you are going to have a hard time. The 5970 is a legend but it is too expensive and the water block needs to be a separate price. Hope you have the original cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back