FS: Weapon 302 Shroud - CNC machined

bimmer01 said:
weapon, u never responded to my pms or emails.
I'm sure I sent a response to you - did it not show up?? let me know and I will get another one to you if the first one got munched by the digital gremlins.

qdemn7 said:
An, an, an, ATTORNEY!!! :eek:

Here I thought you were a really cool guy, and you're one of those ........

Oh the humanity!!! :p

lol - I'm not like the other attorneys - I build phase change gear, watercooling gear and play CS if I have time. :p

Timmee said:
weapon--, did you ever get my PM?
you should have a response now. :D

*Bump* for Weapon.

I'm the proud owner of the shinny blue metalic 302 core example on Weapon's first post.

I said it before in my email to you, I'll say it again to everybody else, these are the best shroud/rad combo's you can get. The shroud is flawless, the combo looks amazing with a good coat of paint. It's big, it's beautiful, it's the Ferrari of radiators.

BTW you [H]'ers, I'm building an entire case/cooling system around this core (using a hacked-up coolermaster stacker and alot of custom gear).

...and I can't believe the price you're selling these things for. You should give yourself some more credit.

Hua,

Fush.

^ What he said, these are the absolute best radiators and shrouds around, if you're looking into water cooling, this is what you want.

these shroud are freakin awsome once I get some $ in my paypal I may have to pick one up

thanks guys :)

I am getting caught up but I still have a bit of delay time in shipping. Also, I have been working on a few new toys so hopefully I will get enough time to get some info up on those soon.

Hey guy,
I sent a PM a loooong time ago about getting a shroud or a shroud-heatercore combo. Is there a reason to why i never got an answer? Should I PM you again?

SignalSoldier said:
Hey guy,
I sent a PM a loooong time ago about getting a shroud or a shroud-heatercore combo. Is there a reason to why i never got an answer? Should I PM you again?

hmmm....I thought I had responses sent to all PMs :confused: - definitely resend the PM.

PM sent yesterday. Also a quick question... Is there a way these shrouds can mount with the fans at the top of the case? The 199 HC.

patriot71 said:
PM sent yesterday. Also a quick question... Is there a way these shrouds can mount with the fans at the top of the case? The 199 HC.

you should have a response now.

By mounting with fans at the top of the case (just to make sure I am not misreading the question) you mean they would be arranged like so:

case top
fans
shroud
core

correct?

The shroud was designed to be mounted to the case as pictured here:
http://www.cox-internet.com/weapon/images/302MountSide3.jpg
The above wouldn't work for your proposed mounting but there are several ways that could be done.
1. two small metal cross bars could be used under the core to hold it to the shroud
2. threaded rods could be ran through 2-4 of the fan holes and then through the core for thru fin mounting (if done carefully, it is not a problem - I mounted cores that way a lot of times before the shrouds were redesigned).
3. the more advanced option: brackets can be silver soldered to the sides of the core and those can be used to bolt the core to the shroud.

weapon-- said:
you should have a response now.

By mounting with fans at the top of the case (just to make sure I am not misreading the question) you mean they would be arranged like so:

case top
fans
shroud
core

correct?

The shroud was designed to be mounted to the case as pictured here:
http://www.cox-internet.com/weapon/images/302MountSide3.jpg
The above wouldn't work for your proposed mounting but there are several ways that could be done.
1. two small metal cross bars could be used under the core to hold it to the shroud
2. threaded rods could be ran through 2-4 of the fan holes and then through the core for thru fin mounting (if done carefully, it is not a problem - I mounted cores that way a lot of times before the shrouds were redesigned).
3. the more advanced option: brackets can be silver soldered to the sides of the core and those can be used to bolt the core to the shroud.

That mounting order is correct. I cant really mount the core to the front of the case due to my front panel. There is only room for 1 120mm in the front of the case and therefore I couldnt intake/exhaust air properly. However, I dont forsee a problem with top mounting using your method. I sent you a pm earlier this morning and we can get a payment arranged by the end of this week.

took me about 3 times of re-reading of the first post to realize what the hell he was talking about... lol.. anyways, bump 4 u

Do the fins being painted affect the cooling performance at all?

tret

tret said:
Do the fins being painted affect the cooling performance at all?

tret

no - the fins are only painted on the very edges. The paint goes no deeper than the solder line that is already on the fins so if there is a decrease in performance it is so little that I cannot measure it with a bench thermometer that has .01 resolution and ±0.2°C accuracy.

the job is forcing me to be out of town on ultra short notice until this Friday (June 10). I have no idea what kind of internet access I will have on the road but if there is any available, I'll try to check in at least a couple of times before I get back.

weapon--

I just received 2 dual heatercores + Shrouds w/ mounting hardware from weapon and I just wanted to let anyone know who comes across this thread that they should definately not look any further for a quality rad/heatercore. The build and strength quality of the shroud in particular is beyond my expectation.

Weapon is a pleasure to deal with from start to finish and his work is exceptional to say the least. I am very very happy to have these products and can highly recommend weapon to anyone looking for quality watercooling.

Thanks Weapon.

tret

bump for a great product - the best out there bar none, look no further. Not only do these perform like nothing else, but they are built with the highest craftsmanship and double boxed for shipping :) Thanks again weapon

As soon as he gets back from his out-of-town trip, I am ordering 2 of these with shrouds, mounting hardware and 1/2" O/D fittings to go into a CM Stacker. :D

KatoKal said:
Weapon, what exactly are these things for? I don't quite understand.....
These are pieces which would be used in a water cooling setup.

KatoKal said:
Weapon, what exactly are these things for? I don't quite understand.....
They go into a water cooling setup. In water cooling you use a pump to move water through tubing which goes to water blocks. Water blocks are pieces of metal that go onto vital components on your computer such as CPU, GPU, etc. depending on what you want to cool. As the water passes through the water block the heat from the component is transferred to the water. Without a radiator such as those Weapon makes, the water would just keep increasing in temperature as it collects more and more heat. The job of the radiator is to dissipate the heat that has been collected by the water and return the water to as close to ambient temperature as possible. The better job your radiator does of cooling down the water, the lower your temperatures will be. Weapon's radiators are all hand-made and feature some of the best craftsmanship in the business, for this reason they are in very high demand.

Back