FS Video Blaster TV Card (hardware encoder)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mammothboy

n00b
I have a Creative Labs Video Blaster PCI TV tuner card with hardware MPEG 2 encoder, remote, and software (runs on 98-XP). This setup works great on an older P3 or Athlon setup which would choke on encoding via a software encoder (All-in-Wonder card). In fact, I bought this when I got fed up with piss poor results from an All-in-Wonder card on my Dual Athlon rig with a gig of RAM and RAID-0 setup. This card yielded perfect results on a generic P3 850 setup. Note the included software from Creative works great, as does the remote, but it lacks a program guide, so you will have to provide dates/times for recordings.

$40 OBO

Here's a review of the card (scroll down to see the review itself, though on eof the links up top shows how to add a program guide to use with this card ):
http://ruel.net/pc/tv.tuner.videoblaster.dvcr.htm

Shane Laake
[email protected]

OMG... I haven't seen this product for ages. I think I still have original first version back from 93 or 94 in my closet somewhere. Bump for good old timer.

If I could make it work with GBPVR, I'd consider it, but I have no idea what chip this card uses for hardware MPEG-2 encoding.

Pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back