FS: Toshiba Satellite P25-S670 Laptop - Powerhouse!

JordanCL

[H]ard|Gawd
Toshiba Satellite P25-S670.

This laptop is in great condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. The screen has NO DEAD PIXELS whatsoever, and the cover has virtually no scratches. There is some slight sticky residue on the cover from a price sticker, nothing some methyl alcohol wont fix. This computer is loaded with all kinds of features. It comes with all original accesories, including the recovery disks. This laptop is loaded with Windows Media Center, which is a fantastic proram for organizing and displaying your pictures, music and videos. For those of you who have and XBOX 360, media center can wirelessly connect to your XBOX, allowing you to play music, view pictures, and watch videos directly from this computer without taking up space on your XBOX. This laptop comes with a TV Tuner, and includes the original factory Toshiba remote. This means you can use this laptop the same as a TV set, and control it(inclucing turning it off and on) from across the room. The TV tuner also turns your basic cable signal into a digital cable format, giving you a program guide and allowing you to see what else is on without changing the channel. This laptop has an SD card slot for easy access to digital cameras and video cameras, and also has the 5 in 1 media card reader to allow you to simply plug in many different card formats. Also installed on this machine is Toshibas DVD Super Multi Drive, a DVD burner, CD Burner, and a disk reader of virtually every format there is. One of my favorite features, is this laptops ability to connect to any TV set via a simple RCA cable connection. This is something pretty rare on laptops, and it means you can attach this laptop to your TV the same way you would a DVD player, its that simple. Audio-wise this laptop comes with premier harman/kardon speakers, and the audio card has mic, headphone, and line in jacks. The line in means you can feed music directly from a cd player into the laptop to save and edit. There is also a volume dial outside on the audio card. Toshiba engineered this laptop so you can listen to CD's while the laptop is off, simply put one in and use the outside cd controls. This laptop has a huge 17" widescreen, with great visual clarity. There is also a built in wireless card, which can be operated with a simple built in on/off switch. This is really a high end laptop, with so many features on it. This laptop on the toshiba website easily goes for $2000. Here is your chance to get a great laptop for a lot less than that. You can take a virtual tour of this laptop at http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...039&smoid=true&ct=MH&ListType=Model&x=19&y=12. I'm sure I am forgetting some features, but if they come to me I will definetly add them on. If you have any questions, please ask and I will be more than happy to answer them.

I am looking for $800 Shipped for this laptop. Price is slightly negotiable, Post or PM offers. This laptop will be shipped in its original packing and box.

Here again is a breakdown of what this computer comes with:

Pentium 4 3.2ghz
512MB Ram
DVD/CD Burner (combo)
80GB HDD
GeForce FX Go5700 128MB
17" wide XGA Display
Modular Bay
RCA Component out and S Video COnnections
Integrated wireless
Firewire Port and SD Slot
Built in TV Tuner and Remote
Surround Sound Capable

Again, PM or Post offers.

Pics will be emailed by request. If you want pictures of anything specific, please .. well .. specify that.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot my non-free email. j DOT lamberg AT Umiami DOT edu

DOUBLE EDIT: The OP mentions it comes with original accessories, but i failed to list what these are. It comes with teh TV Tuner Remote, the Original software install/recover/reinstall CD, a space saver for the modular bay, the TV tuner antenna/receiver, and all the owners manuals and materials

Two questions...

One,the DVD just reads DVD's and doesn't burn them,right?

Two,what is the battery life like on this beast?

Damn nice laptop,too bad it weights in at just under 10lbs.

Chris

I'm selling this for my girlfriend (which is nice for you guys because you know girls dont use computers enough so this thing is like new), she's looking for cash. I dont think she wants trades, but you can drop me a PM with a trade offer that might interest me.

In response to the second question, the thing is heavy, certainly a DTR. But you are incorrect regarding the DVD player. It both Burns and Plays DVDS and burns and plays CDs as well.

You can see the .pdf detailed specs HERE

(link should work, if not, click the link in the OP and go to "detailed specs")

And to answer your last question, I am not sure on the battery life. I can test it for you if you'd like, under any conditions (high load, browsing, w/ or w/o USB devices, etc.) and give you a number, but truthfully, this is probably not a computer you'd want to be carrying around with you.

Keep the questions coming, thanks for the interest!

Yeah if you could please test the battery by playing a DVD on it with battery saving settings that would be cool.If it has decent battery life it would be very tempting even with the weight.

Chris

sure, i should be back home around 5ish. Expect an update later tonight.

Sorry for the delay, nip/tuck was on tonight. DVD running, uploading pics now. Will edit this post when they're done.

EDIT: Pics!

Image 1 - Keyboard and all the original stickers intact (girls, lol)

Image 2 - Blurry screen shot. Not a lot of light in the condo, mucho camera shake or huge flare from the flash. I chose camera shake.

Image 3 - Another blurry shot. Complete laptop, playing V for Vendetta (longest movie i have) to test for battery life.

Image 4 - Cover shot, details will be explained in next pics

Image 5 - Back shot, showing RCA component ports, USB ports, Ethernet, etc. and giant heat sinks.

Image 6 - The boxed area is just stickers or sticker residue. This will be cleaned before the laptop is shipped, just been a hectic day.

Image 7 - Same as #6 but contrast and brightness adjusted to help show cover scuffing. Orange boxed areas are scuffs. No deep gashes, bruises or dents, just normal laptop scuffs.

Image 8 - Same as #7 but without using the flash. Also helps to show scuffs.

Image 9 - Original box. Has styrofoam fit to hold the laptop away from all sides/corners for safe ship. Will most likely be "double boxed" as laptops usually come.

Image 10 - All the accessories. TV tuner remote and receiver/antenna, and all necessary wiring. Original reinstall/Cover-your-ass CD. Every original document you could want, and a few you wouldn't want (3 months of AOL free anyone?)

Image 11 - Modular saver. Not even sure what those symbols represent.

Image 12 - Closer shot of receiver/antenna showing how it gets 'hooked up'

Hopefully that covers everything. If there is anything else you'd like a picture of please ask.

nice laptop knew some who has one...
I pm'd notes about that laptop, post then if you want.

Thanks for the bump.

Kakureru sent me a PM to let me know that the TV tuner encodes MPEG - 2 and has a tendency to overheat when doing so. Since I started playing with the computer I have had no problems, and the girlfriend has never had a heat problem either. However, he suggested a hard mod to fix the problem which I will not attempt for obvious reasons. If this is a concern of yours I'm sure he could help.

As with most laptops, it's a good idea to keep the back end elevated slightly to allow better circulation which leads to better cooling. This particular laptop has several intake fans on the bottom so keeping them away from a flat surface (no carpets or blankets please!) is even more important. Raising the back just over an inch seemed to keep the fans at bay.

As for battery life, with the power settings set to "DVD Playback" it played a DVD for exactly 1 hour and 40 minutes. It has a fresh OS install so there are a few superflous programs that autostart. Killing them will probably buy a few more minutes. (battery saver / long life mode wasn't acceptable because the screen would power off after a period of inactivity. No good for watching dvds)

Hope this helps. Keep questions/concerns/comments coming!

Back