Not open for further replies.

widefault

Supreme [H]ardness
FS/T: Tiny Single Board Computers, Embedded and Mini-ITX systems, lots more

First off, these are the trades I'm looking for:
-touchscreen LCD, 7-10"
-Embedded/Single Board Computer related stuff
-1GB DDR2-800 or better, pairs of matched sticks, please

NOT LOOKING TO BUY ANY OF THE ABOVE, ONLY WANT TO TRADE FOR THEM.

And the for sale stuff
Prefer US only, if outside the US tell me BEFORE you start dealing
Prices do NOT include shipping
I ship USPS Priority for most locations, you want another method you can have it as long as you're paying shipping
reduced prices for multiple purchases
all items guaranteed alive on arrival, but otherwise sold as is
PayPal preferred
heatware and Ebay under widefault
e-mail is [email protected]

SBC#1 is an Arbor EmETX-i702. This is an ETX form factor System-On-Module. Supports 400MHz FSB Pentium-M and Celeron-Ms from 1.3GHz to 2.0GHz. Fulls specs at the link. Bare board only, no manuals, cables, or carrier board. The one I have is slightly different than at the link, it doesn't have the ISA bridge chip on board. Sort of a "legacy-free" setup. Board was well over $500 new, has served its purpose and been replaced with a custom board so I'm trying to recoup what I can. This is for the advanced tinkerer. Works with carrier board listed below. Comes with Celeron-M 1.3Ghz and a 256MB DDR333 SODIMM, too. I have a heatsink for this that will need minor modification to fit.
$SOLD - Pic1 - Pic2

SBC#2 is an Advantech SOM-4475. Another ETX module, this one has a Via "Twister-T" chipset and a low-voltage PIII-933 as well as a 512MB PC133 SO-DIMM. Board only, heatsink/fan included. Works with carrier board below.
$SOLD, the SO-DIMM is worth that much - Pic1 - Pic2

SBC#3 is an Advantech SOM-DB4400 Full-Sized ATX SOM-ETX Development board. Works with any ETX board and provides an easy way to do the software testing part while a custome baseboard is developed. Has all the basic PC ports and connectors as well as LVDS/LCD interfaces and a Compact Flash slot. Also makes a good universal software testing platform, just swap the ETX module with another. There are modules out there with everything from Transmeta to Via to Intel CPUs of all different speeds.
$SOLD, all ETX gear for $SOLD - Pic1 - Pic2

Two thin client PIII systems based on the BCM FX815ELT which is a MiniITX Socket 370 board with support for coppermine and Tualatin core PIIIs and Celerons. Actually a slight bit bigger than MiniITX, but close enough at 170mm x 185mm. Product Page These boards do NOT have the serial, parallel, or firewire ports. It does have the TV out, with a composite port on the case. Each board comes with a PIII 667 and 1U heatsink in a slim steel case that measures 11x12.5x2 inches. Cases have 125 watt small form factor PSUs. Originally used a flash disk with Windows XP Embedded(not included), I'll include a home-made mounting plate for 2.5" laptop drives. Will still need a 40-44 pin adapter, although I'll see what I have here I can throw in. Warning, these babies are loud. They were originally part of a hotels in-room entertainment systems, could make a nice CarPC.
One barebones version, no RAM or hard drive, $80 shipped
One with 256MB PC133 and a 40GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, $110 shipped
Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3

Pentium-M/Celeron-M Mini-ITX system. Based on the Itox/DFI G5M100-N MiniITX board. It will come with a Dothan core Pentium-M 1.4Ghz, but will support all Pentium-M and Celeron-Ms with a 400MHz bus. Comes with small heatsink fan that does the job, but is a bit noisy. 512MB DDR400(2x256MB) is included, board will support up to 2GB. Onboard everything including dual LAN and 3 serial ports. Includes a 40Gb Western Digital WD400 IDE drive. Comes in a 9.5x9.5x3 inch steel case. 125 watt small form factor ATX power supply. Like the PIII boxes above, it's a bit loud. Pics to be added shortly. And now the best part, the price is ridiculously low. Just a bit more than the price of most BOARDS. Pics show mini-PCI wireless card and antenna, which are not included.
$PARTED AND SOLD - Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3 - Pic4

Celeron-M 350J - 1.3Ghz based on Dothan C0 core. Good overclocker, 2.1Ghz range. Retail box, no sticker.
$SOLD

12" Mitsutech LCD. Model MT1200, 800x600. Nothing special, but it works. Darkish towards the top of the screen, and the brightness control only seems to work on one side of the screen. Good test monitor. Comes with VGA cable. No power supply, but it used a pretty standard 12 volt with the barrel connector.
$50 - Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3

9" Planar LCD. Good picture, if only 640x480. Used it as a status screen. VGA cable only. No power supply, but it uses a standard 12 volt with barrel connector.
$50 - Pic1 - Pic2 - Pic3 - Pic4 - Pic5

Original SoundBlaster Live! Drive, the one with the large MIDI connectors, coax SPDIF in and out, headphone jack, and line2/mic2 jack. Works fine, but I don't have the original cable. Not a big issue, a 40 pin IDE cable works just fine.
$15

40GB 2.5" laptop drive based mp3 player. "Songbank", not the latest or greatest but it works. Easily upgradeable to a larger drive, although 40GB may be the max. Comes with Songbank, carry case, power adapter, USB cable, manual, and driver/software CD. Doesn't come with the original ear buds, because they've been used and that's just gross to pass on to another person. - $125

RCA Lyra WMA player with 32MB Compact Flash card - Model RD2201A - Refurb that comes with all the original bits. Allegedly plays mp3s, but uses some dumbass encryption. Works GREAT with wma files and uses compact flash cards for storage. I've had no problems with multiple 256MB cards, but haven't tried any larger. Not an iPod by any stretch, but cheap and reliable. - $30 shipped, add a 256MB flash card for $15 more

Tyan Tomcat i815t - socket 370, Tualatin support, dual 10/100 but one is flakey - $20
Intel 4 port Wireless router, 4 10/100, 802.11b - $15
PCB from one of the above, broken LEDs but works fine - $10
2x340MB IBM microdrives - $25 each, $40 for the pair
IDE 100MB Zip drive - $5
Maze4 copper-top for P4, 3/8" barbs - $25
Maze1C for S370/462, 3/8" barbs - $20
5.25" acrylic res, 3/8" barbs - $15
Diamond Stealth PCI - older S3 card, $5
Rendition Verite PCI - $5
256MB stick of registered DDR266, Infineon CL2 - $20
EDO DIMMs, 64MB and 128MB - $20

sunday nite is HBO nite bump.

those mini PCs are awesome. mayb ill buy the wise PC.... i wish it was faster thou.

2 questions:

do you ship to canada?

and

which mini-itx system would you recommend to start out with for a car pc?

Yes, I do ship to Canada, but be warned that all customs forms will declare the true value of the item. Could lead to extra fees. I do ship by USPS to Canada, which avoids the brokerage fees other carriers tack on.

Really, any of the ITX could make a good CarPC, depends on what you need it to do. The Wyse/Via setup may be a bit underpowered for some, but it also is dead quiet and doesn't need anything special for cooling. The PIII is a better performer, but needs real cooling and as a result has a fair amount of noise. It's also a bit limited in expandability do to the small case. The Celeron/Pentium-M is a heck of a setup, but the price might be a gotcha. It wouldn't be my first choice for a starter setup, but it does offer a bit more in features and expandability.

Do you have pics on the 9" screen? I am interested in it but curious as to the mounting/stand and color. Does it have any controls for color/position/brightness?

Bump for a great trader!

Contemplating the PVR-150, for $30 it's probably worth the risk. Let you know later today (Sunday). Consider this a "dibs" announcement. :)

Edit:
I'll take it, as long as shipping isn't too expensive. PM me with a quote and your PayPal address.

eth00, I'll snap a few pics and throw up some links in a few. It does have controls for brightness and position, I'll have to check if color is included. It does not have a stand, but has a small angle of metal with bolt holes that also holds the VGA and power plugs. Casing is standard off-white/beige with light blue accents.

mavalpha, PM will be sent shortly.

Very interesting stuff here! Thanks for laying everything out so nicely-- i just started reading up on the units here. I'm interested YGPM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back