FS/T Sony Vaio Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phonic

Limp Gawd
Clarification: This laptop works well, all that's wrong with it is that it isn't in amazing condition.

OK, I'm not making any bones about this, I really don't like Sony laptops.
I buy, sell and repair laptops and got this one in on a trade, the case is in rough shape and I've put too much into it to become profitable so out the door it goes.

Specs:
P3-500 CPU, upgradeable via MMC2 socket - easily found on eBay
15" TFT screen - one stuck on pixel, not really noticeable.
Small crack in LCD lid/ broken latch - hinges are good.
DVD drive
Floppy drive
Partially working keyboard, about 4 keys don't work.
No HDD.
No battery.
No memory.
No charger.

As I said it's in rough shape and I can't possibly sell this as a nice machine due to the cracks/keyboard - I was going to part this one out on eBay but again, thought I'd try here first.
The screen is easily worth $150 - the 15" will fit into any of the PCG-F series and most of the FX series without any modification, good for replacing a 14" LCD that most of the F series come with.
The motherboard again, is worth $150 on eBay with the CPU, it's also fully working and will fit 95% of the F series.

If you wanted to restore this machine to 100% it'd cost around $30 for the parts, I already bought the replacement DVD drive and a few other parts but I'm sick of pouring $ into it.

Everything works and it'll boot from CD/DVD and from HDD. Nothing else is missing to get it to boot up once you buy the parts I listed.

Looking for $300 as the MB and LCD sell for that all day.
Trades, anything interesting.

1b.jpg

2b.jpg

Cascade
@
cox.net
Genuine checkable refs available.
Thanks all.

Care to enlighten me?

Edit: apologies, I thought you were pointing out nonfreemail/price/etc
This isn't even in the same league as Kyle's looking for - I'd dissuade him or anyone from buying a Sony laptop but I guess people think the name stands for a lot, even if they are .........

/me shuts up.

Don't shut up. Speak the truth. Ever see me selling any Sony's?;)

Bump for my laptop buddy:D

I'd do you a nice trade on those Blues Clues DVDs ;)

I don't wanna get on a rant here, but why are the older series Vaios holding their value so much? I listed a similar machine on eBay with slightly lower specs & 14" LCD with a BuyNow of $350, someone snapped it up practically before I'd hit the submit button.

Not to offend anyone who has one, but they're cheaply made machines, the hinges snap as soon as you sneeze near them, the keyboards always fail, they're just so... plastic.

Except of course this one, which will make you popular with women, land you an executive job and maybe even pay off your mortgage*.

*May or may not happen, your home is at risk if you do not keep up payments on a mortgage or other loan secured on it.

We better stay on topic here. I could go on for days about Sony.

"Indeed folks, this is the laptop that will land you wherever you need to go. People will huddle around you and your Sony Vaio, you'll be the talk of the town! Don't delay!!! You too can speak the words of greatness..."I now own a Sony Vaio laptop"

:p

ttt and replied.

Things I'm looking for:
Xbox, modded or not.
Intel CPU/board combo.
Shuttle XPC, prefer Intel if poss.
Genuine WinXP Pro with COA.
ReplayTV - it's a long shot.

Edit: Pickup/inspection is welcome.

Added more pics.

Still open for trades on almost anything.

Don't you wish you could utter the words of greatness "I now own a Sony Vaio laptop"?
Heck, if Kyle wants one then you should too.
Buy yours today.
Don't make me ruin this with my anger.

Bumps are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back