FS: Sun Fire V120 1U Server

evilroot

Weaksauce
This machine has served as my main server and router, and has served me well . . . . but its that time of year and gifts ain't cheap. Hopefully someone here can get as good a use out of it as I did!

Specifications:

Sun Fire V120 Server, 1U Rackmount form factor

650 MHz UltraSPARC IIi 64-Bit CPU with 512k cache
128mb ECC Registered Ram (upgradable to 4GB via standard PC133 Registered modules)
2x 18.2gig UW SCSI Drives
SuperSlim 24x CD-RW Drive
Dual Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
Integrated UltraSCSI-2 SE/LVD controller
Single full-length PCI slot for expansion
2x Serial ports (RJ45 type cabling), one for LOM management
Front-accessable Sun SCC (System Configuration Card) slot with SCC installed

Full Specs and Info from Sun:
http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/v120/

The server features Sun's Lights Out Management (LOM) functionality, which means that as long as your machine is getting power, you have full control (whether it is turned on or off, running fine or somepletely frozen). At any point you can connect via a serial terminal to the first serial port, and have access to the LOM prompt. From there you can do things like turn the machine on and off, perform full diagnostics, see real-time statistics, etc. In a datacenter environment this means never having to worry about a software freeze requiring you to go out and hard reboot the machine.

I will install the buyer's choice of opertating system, granted they are public license or the buyer obtains a valid binary license (In the case of Solaris 10, such a license is free). I suggest FreeBSD or Solaris 10.

I can also install 36.7gig 10k rpm SCSI drives in place of the current 18.2gig ones for $60 each. Ask me for prices on additional ram, it depends on how much I decide to keep in my remaining server. Also note that the machine does not have the original Sun drive caddies, however since it uses an SCA-2 interface the drives are held quite securely with just a small bit of double-sided adhesive tape at the front.

Asking $500 shipped

(via FedEx Ground, faster shipping is no problem is you're willing to pay the difference)

Back