FS: Sony Vaio laptop PCG-GRZ660 $975 shipped

whoa, didnt know this thread was being used but lemme put in my 2 cents here

I sold the laptop in perfect condition, and it WAS packed suffiecently. Could it have been packed better? Sure, we can land stuff on mars without it blowing up, but it WAS sufficent. the only way this could have broken through the mail would have been someone stepping on the package, the pictures I have seen even showed this. I was away on my spring break when I learned it was broken and unable to file the claim for the insurance until I returned, but that should have been a moot point, my post office told me I had up to a month to do thus. Ethan told me he had a relative that worked at the post office and that he/she told him that you only had one week and he wanted to explore getting it fixed with the warrantee. Not exactly sure what to do I agreed and went into finding out how to do thus. After multiple calls to their call center I managed to get instructions on how to transfer the warantee to Ethan. I was told this would take 10 or more BUISNESS DAYS. I sent out the $10 dollar transfer fee, a copy of the reciept, and his and my information to be transfered. A little over a week later Cross called me on the phone and told me he had the laptop (much to my suprise) and wanted to get the warantee transfered to him. He, after talking to comp USA, found out how to get it repaired and asked me to send a copy of the reciept to him, which I will be doing this evening (scanner is borked, but GFs isnt). He will be able to get it fixed, and will have the $499 (yes it's 500 not 400) warantee in his name and this mess will be over with.

Thanks for helping P Master. I turned it into CompUSA tonight and while its pending the proof of warrantee they will repair everything but the cosmetics. I have a friend at the local compusa but the manager took over when I did not have a copy of the warrantee purchase and he had to look it up he told me that the warrantee only covers the system, not the case (cosmetics). So again the system will be brought up to par but the case needs to be fixed so however this needs to be handled. You mentioned that this is a 500 warrantee maybe that will make a difference but according to Chris (The manager of the Tech Department) The system will only function correctly...not have a case that is put together. (One oif the techs mentioned hot glue...I don't know about him working on the Vaio.....scary) Anyway I just want to see the laptop completely repaired so I will keep Ethan and P Master up on what CompUSA informs me on the repairs.

Back