FS: Sager Laptop GTX 970M & EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC (non-ACX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Stryker

Supreme [H]ardness
NO TRADES

Prices are negotiable.

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=51259 132-0-0

Shipping to the lower 48 - using USPS Priority. $50 insurance is automatic, but if you want more insurance, you pay more for it. No refunds.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB (registered on my EVGA account for warranty) SOLD SOLD SOLD
-Will be dusty, I don't feel like buying another can of compressed air yet. [Edit: Dusted out nicely now]
-Smoke-free environment
-Overclocked +85 on the core, +90 on the memory without issues (power limit maxed out as well) Effective core speed at peak is 1404MHz.
Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/AoiIa

-------------------------------------------------

Sager NP8278-S (Clevo P170SM-A) (13 months old) 17.3"
Sager laptop was customized at xoticpc.com, replaced original cooling with copper ones for both CPU and GPU, plus it's using an aftermarket thermal paste (I have the order history).
Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/1h92I
Specs:

• i7-4810MQ Haswell CPU
  • 12GB DDR3-1600
  • GeForce GTX 970M 6GB
  • 120GB Crucial MX100 mSATA
  • 1TB 7200RPM HGST
  • Blu-ray player
  • 17.3" TN display (not that great to be honest)
  • HDMI, Displayport in the back (no VGA)
  • Fully customizable RGB LED-backlit keyboard
  • Proprietary software that lets you control fan speed for CPU/GPU (no separate setting, it's either manual/automatic/maximum for both at once)
It didn't come with an OS, but I will be giving up my Windows 7 key (that is now Windows 10) once you purchase it from me. This thing is a monster and chews games at 1440p.
SOLD SOLD SOLD (Original price: 1.8K)
Accel DisplayPort-to-Dual-link DVI adapter $40 if you need it to hook up to a 1440p @ 60Hz screen using DVI

Last edited:
Good price on the Acer.

I wanted one as a secondary gaming laptop but I can't get over the DDR3 VRAM vs DDR5 but at that price it's very very tempting...... How is the screen quality? It's glossy and not matte right?

Also, your image link isn't working.

It's matte. Screen has lousy viewing angles but then again it's a cheap lappy.

Any idea how much a warranty extension is on the Sager? It has a 970m? All the cooling mods were done by xotic?

$100 for an extra year. And yes the mods were done by them (professionally)

970. Bump

This is priced higher due to having better-than-average cooling system, also the bluray drive.

Last edited:
Bump, nice Sager. The copper cooling upgrade from XoticPC doesn't replace anything though, it just adds copper heatsinks (imagine copper RAM heatsinks epoxied on top) to the existing heatpipe design, the heatsink and heatpipes were already copper Just so there's no confusion when someone buys it :)

How is that laptop still there at 900 shipped? I just sold the same version with 4GB RAM and a 680M for 750.

900 for a quality 970M laptop is a steal. Bump for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back