FS: Quad Opteron (16 core) 1U Supermicro Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Fox

[H]F Junkie
Still available! See: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1455586

I have a rather high end server up for sale today. It is in excellent condition (still has the plastic film on the outside of the case for example) and works perfectly (I currently have ESXi 3.5 on it). I would like to get $1450 for it, however, I am open to offers (and if you want to trade for it, you'll need a lot of 2TB drives). If you are around Dallas, you can come pick it up in person if you would like. Otherwise I'll ship it via FedEx. Please PM me with any questions you might have. Heatware.

You get the following things with it:
  • This barebone, which consists of this motherboard and this case.
  • 4 x 8347 Opterons
  • 8gb of ECC registered RAM (4 sticks, 12 open slots with a max of 128gb)
  • USB flash drive connected to the internal motherboard headers with ESXi 3.5 installed.
  • AOC-SIMSO IPMI card (you actually will receive a few as I've never tested or used it)
  • 4 1U passive heatsinks (made by Dynatron)
  • PCIe x8 riser card and the HTX riser card (RSC-RR1U-HT)
  • Rackmount rails
  • A box full of accessories, pictured below.

Here are some pictures I just took. If you want to see more, let me know. You can also click them to get the full size image.

BIOS screenshot (you can actually access the BIOS via a console connection):

bios.png

Last edited:
i cant even begin to imagine how loud that thing must be! nice!

i cant even begin to imagine how loud that thing must be! nice!
With the cover off and the fans at 12v, it's ridiculous. With the cover on and fan throttling enabled, it isn't actually that bad for a rackmount case surprisingly.

Sad to see it go. Don't sell it to Ockie....then I'll just have another reason to want to drive to Michigan. HTX = awesome idea...too bad there aren't more adapters for it.

Sad to see it go. Don't sell it to Ockie....then I'll just have another reason to want to drive to Michigan. HTX = awesome idea...too bad there aren't more adapters for it.
Well, if you buy it first, that means he can't. ;)

HTX is neat, but I only bought the riser card (actually have 3 of them). Didn't really need/can't afford anything that would fit in the slot anyway.

bump for a friend. Why are you getting rid of her?
I've run out of storage, so by selling this, I can fund my next project (well, I already bought it, this is just going to pay the credit card bill :p ). I don't like parting with my toys, but I already have a ton of processor power that I can use instead of this thing. I can think of 7 quad cores and 5 dual cores that are in my house (11 quad cores if you count this 1U server), so I think I'll be fine for now.

I've run out of storage, so by selling this, I can fund my next project (well, I already bought it, this is just going to pay the credit card bill :p ). I don't like parting with my toys, but I already have a ton of processor power that I can use instead of this thing. I can think of 7 quad cores and 5 dual cores that are in my house (11 quad cores if you count this 1U server), so I think I'll be fine for now.

and people say my 2 quadcores are too much :p

bump ;) :D

It's not for me, it's for a friend whos looking for a vm solution :)

If I had the money, a rackmount case, and a house with a server room (one of these days I will) I would get one. The best I could do at the moment is putting the server case in the basement but that's not very condusive to climate control in the house I'm renting.

If I had the money, a rackmount case, and a house with a server room (one of these days I will) I would get one. The best I could do at the moment is putting the server case in the basement but that's not very condusive to climate control in the house I'm renting.
I'm getting a rack soon, but I won't have a dedicated server room or even a basement to put it in. I already have a bunch of other systems to put in it too.

Bump for a freakin' awesome server.

Oh how I drool to think how fast this could batch render jobs of 30min CGI @ 30fps... If I had anything anywhere near the value of that puppy I'd be all over it. Good luck!

(And who needs a server case, for the Afro-Engineer some 2x4s and L-braces work great! :cool:)

Bump for a freakin' awesome server.

Oh how I drool to think how fast this could batch render jobs of 30min CGI @ 30fps... If I had anything anywhere near the value of that puppy I'd be all over it. Good luck!

(And who needs a server case, for the Afro-Engineer some 2x4s and L-braces work great! :cool:)
It is pretty quick; it was used for rendering video. I also didn't always have the 1U case. This is what it looked like originally: http://stfcc.org/bluefox/permanent/DSC00766.JPG

lol, you had a rack board in a standard PC case!

Just curious, what kind of times did you get on video rendering?

lol, you had a rack board in a standard PC case!

Just curious, what kind of times did you get on video rendering?
The CM Stacker 810 is the only consumer case that would take a 16x13" board and I had access to one, so it was an easy choice. As for speed, it was about 2.5-3x faster than my overclocked Q6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back