FS: Nokia G300 5G - $100

MGDMN

2[H]4U
Like new Nokia G300 phone purchased from straighttalk and when booting up is has tracfone as the splashscreen, however this phone is fully unlocked and can be used with any cellular service that utilizes a sim card and compatible network bands (these are a hardware limitations of the phone itself and the bands this device are compatible with will be listed with the specs below), that being said I cant image it wouldn't be able to use most if not all US cellular bands in use by the current top providers (ie. AT&T, T-mobile, etc..), but please check this before purchasing.

Currently sells for $150 on the straighttalk website, so I think the asking price is fair. Phone is definitely targeted at the low end device range, but it is from a (subjectively) reputable name brand (Nokia), and comes with 5G compatibility so it is future proof for what I can almost ensure to be the entirety of what most would consider the usable life span of the device.

In spite of the devices target demographic, this phone would work great as an emergency backup for yourself or as a younger child's device, as it is still fully capable Android device. It has been used for maybe 1 week of total time, in near new condition. Did pop my sim card in it and set it up to ensure functionality; no issues noticed, everything worked as expected and better than expected in some situations. Currently has Android 11 installed with the most recent OTA update dated January 5th, 2022. Will reset to factory defaults before shipping. No specs of note that I feel the need to mention, especially considering the product target demographic, low end range, but if I had to mention one, it would be that it does feature a snapdragon SOC on board, even if it is a low end system on a chip. If you have reasonable expectations for the devices performance, target market and real world application, it should prove to be a reliable, and/or possibly life saving device, depending on the circumstances.

A good deal like this isn't easy to come by; a quality device, from a well known brand name and in near perfect condition, at this low of a price, so get jump on it while you can.

The current state of the device is fully functional and condition is near new, however I am still selling the device as is, and the sale is for the phone, and the cheap flip style faux leather case I found on amazon that is currently on it, only. I will look and see if I can locate the original box, but if not, it will not be included. That means the purchase will not include a charger or cable, if I am unable to locate them, so to cover all my bases I am stating outright that the sale includes the phone and case only, anything else you may receive with the device would be extras included and should not be expected.I will post the specs I can find for the device below.

I haven't had (m)any transactions on this forum in a while, but still have heatware listed here from when I was more active in the used market; currently sitting at 73-0-0. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need anything further. Prefer payment through Paypal, but if another method is preferable and you are a serious buyer, I will try my best to oblige and do what I can to make it work. Maybe a little bit of wiggle room on the price, but at this price point there isn't much to work with and still make it worthwhile on my end to sell and not come out too negative, but hit me up regardless and I will entertain any reasonable offer(s). Not interested in any trades at the present time, could really use the cash more right now. I think that covers pretty much everything, but if I missed anything let me know by PM or reply in the thread and I will resolve or add whatever was omitted or needed clarification. Price is $100 shipped in the US, excluding Alaska/Hawaii. If you need it shipped to either of those states or outside the US, let's talk and see if we can come to an agreeable compromise on the shipping costs. Will try to ship through USPS, since they are far and away the fastest and most reliable in my area, and given the small size of the item it should also be the cheapest, but if you prefer a specific carrier, as previously stated, let's talk and see if we can work something out. OK, that was way too long for a single item for sale, but there it all is. Take care and I look forward to doing business with any of you.

Below, I tried to add colors for some contrast and to highlight the relevant specs from those I copy/pasted from the manufacturers website, but if it is more annoying this way, let me know and I can remove the colors. Also, if you need any more detailed specs I am sure I can provide them from the device itself, with help from the plethora of software at my disposal from within the play store, just let me know.

Nokia G300 5G

Colors​

Color Scheme: Meteor Grey

Dimensions​

Height: 9.28 mm
Length: 169.41 mm
Width: 78.43 mm

Display​

Aspect ratio: 20:9
Size: 6.52 inch
Resolution: HD+ LCD V-notch 6.52 inch

Imaging​

Front camera: 8 MP, FF, f/, FOV°

Rear camera: 16 MP Main AF, f/1.8, FOV 77° +
5 MP Ultrawide FF UW, f/2.2, FOV 115° +
2 MP Depth FF Depth, f/2.4, FOV 90°
Rear flash LED

Connectivity​

Bluetooth: 5.0
Headphone jack: 3.5 mm
WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n/ac
USB connection: USB-C (USB 2.0) OTG
NFC Supported

Battery & charging​

Capacity: 4470 mAh, Non Removable
Charging: 9V2A QC3.0 charging

Memory & storage​

Internal storage: 64 GB
MicroSD card support up to: 1000 GB (tested SD card support with a 128gb micro SD card and it worked without any issues, cannot personally verify the 1TB capacity compatibility claim)
RAM:
4 GB

Platform​

CPU: Live lag-free on the energy-efficient Qualcomm ® Snapdragon ™ 4350
CPU: Qualcomm ® Snapdragon ™ 4350

Operating System​

Operating System: Android™ 11

Networks​

Max network speed: 5G
Network bands (5G NR): n2, n5, n66, n77, n71, n25, n41
Network bands (LTE): 2, 4, 5, 12, 66, 71, 13, 41

Security​

Sensor: Side Device Power Button with Integrated Fingerprint Sensor (I never stated it anywhere but the fingerprint reader is integrated with the power button, placement of which is, with the device screen facing you, on the right side, slightly above the device mid point. However, for me personally, the placement feels natural and not awkward or out of place because it seems to favor where your finger naturally lays while gripping the phone during regular use. So really, the only issue I found myself was unintentionally unlocking the phone just by picking it up a few times. On the flip side of that, I found that I also got a few misreads when I picked up the phone with a bad grip and it was trying to get a read from the wrong finger and/or a finger not setup, before I got a chance to adjust my grip, which caused it to lock and force me to use my pin to unlock. So, I guess it all balances out time saving wise, but in my opinion I feel that the placement is the best it could probably be and saves me time on phone unlocks at times. However, I can see how it might be annoying to some; can't please everyone, after all. Just so you know, the sensor is not active the entire time the screen is on, only when it is called for, so if you rest your finger on the sensor while holding it during normal use, it won't keep trying to read from the sensor and cause your device to vibrate constantly, as if it was getting sensor misreads, which would be annoying and a major oversight on the manufacturers part regarding the combo button design and placement choice. The sensor is only on and actively checking for reads when requested by an app or any other user initiated system requested purpose, if that is of concern to anyone. On that same topic, the sensor seems to work about as well as most consistently reliable modern FP sensors, I dare say even above average.)
Face Unlock

I did my best on on the focus, lighting, angles (as to not capture unwanted reflections) and device cleanliness on these pictures. It's hard as hell to get a picture of the front and back of this phone, keeping it free of fingerprints, with good lighting and without getting myself or the camera i'm using to take the pic in the reflection of the screen, but I can assure you that there are only fingerprints present on the device and it will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to shipping out to the buyer. It comes from a smoke free home. If there is a need for a higher resolution image of any physical aspect of the phone, I can provide it if necessary and requested through PM or thread reply, so feel free to reach out. I always try my best to be as accommodating as possible, within reason, with any and all of my dealings here, so if you have an idea or proposal of some kind, hit me up. The worst I can do is say no, or ignore it completely if absurd enough, but who knows, I might just bite.

Front of generic flip case, closed. The case is nothing special but does add a bit of protection to the device. That scratch isn't nearly as prominent and noticeable outside of this picture. Also, no idea when that happened. Could have come that way from Amazon for all I know, but the point is the scratch is hardly noticeable in person and if it did happen while on the phone then, nice, it did it's job.
IMG_20220510_094740.jpg

Front powered on, screen looks pretty good for what it is. Nice and sharp image. Screen resolution is 720 x 1600. I had to verify this with multiple sources because I didn't believe it. I have seen smaller sized 1080p resolution screens that were worse looking and less sharp than this screen is. They must have had sub par software and/or hardware implemented and powering those, because this screen looks really nice for the size and resolution. I swear, the only imperfections on the front display are fingerprints, not a single scratch is present, just really hard to capture a good picture.
IMG_20220510_095031.jpg

Back side out of case. Looks and feels like an all glass back, so it probably is, but don't take that as fact, but if not it sure has me fooled, along with a carbon fiber-ish looking pattern underneath. Appears to be an all glass front and back with a metallic alloy of some type for the sides, top and bottom. Premium feel for such a cheaply priced phone.
IMG_20220510_094900.jpg

Left side, has the sim card/micro sd card slot and Android assistant button (not remappable from what I can tell, I just have it disabled because I was pressing it accidentally all the time just trying to use the phone normally) on it.
IMG_20220510_095206.jpg

Right side, has the volume up/down button and combo power button/fingerprint reader. FP sensor seems to work well, I would say above average especially for the price point of this device. Can't say how secure it is in actual real life use, don't know how I would test that other than have multiple other people try to unlock it using their own FP, but i'm sure there are better, more thorough methods to test this. I think it is more than adequate for it's purpose.
IMG_20220510_095145.jpg

Top side, nothing but a small pin hole sized hole on this side. Not sure if that is for speaker sound purposes or something else, but has no function other than a passive one of some kind. That is to say, no reset button or anything else in there that can be actuated with a tweaker small enough to fit in that hole.
IMG_20220510_095231.jpg

Bottom side, from left to right is the 3.5mm audio jack port, small oval shaped cutout possibly to allow the speaker sound to escape the sealed case, but I don't really think that is the designed purpose for this cutout as explained momentarily, USB-C charging port, larger cutout definitely to allow the speaker audio to escape the sealed case, which is why I am unsure of the exact reason for the other smaller oval sized opening on the other side if the charging port.
IMG_20220510_100318.jpg

Last edited:
Back