FS: NIB AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 processor – Retail version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randolphjo

Weaksauce
For sale: Brand new and factory sealed, retail box version AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 processor. Here is the info taken from the top of the processor:

AMD Athlon 64 FX-60
ADAFX60DAA6CD
CCB2E 0608EPCW (stepping info)

Will $700 shipped find a buyer here? If not, to the Bay of E I reluctantly will go.

$700 shipped is my cash price. Cash = money order, cashier's check, personal check (shipped after the check clears my bank) or cash, if a local pick up. PayPal payment possible, but please contact me to discuss. I ship the same day payment is received (if early enough in the day) or the next business day.

My Heatware and eBay feedback links are listed below. I am eBay and PayPal Verified.

My eBay Feedback

My Heat

Still for sale. Pristine, latest revision from AMD and never touched by human hands. You could be its first... ;)

Bump for my final price reduction to $725.00.

New, never used and in the unopened retail box. Still factory sealed (seals not broken) and this is the latest revision available. Its never been touched by human hands, and you still could be its first! ;)

Any pics? I'm damned interested, but it's just a little too shady with the new account and such. Thanks!

I do have pics. I don't have a site to have them hosted on, but I would be happy to email you some shots.

As far as being new here goes, I didn't find this site that long ago. I've been on Anandtech since 2002, and I still haven't broken 200 posts there yet. I've been on eBay since 1998 and I went through the ID verification process. I'm also a PayPal verified member. I don't have much heat because I mostly buy computer components new. I have purchased some used components from members of this board as well as Anandtech. I've sold some through Anandtech as well. Some items were in the $500 price range - some small. My references are good. I would be willing to PM you (or any other interested potential buyer) my home telephone number if that would increase the comfort level. My user name is Randolphjo on most every board I am a member, and my user name is my last name and first two initials.

I've been building my own rigs for the past 5 years and I end up upgrading often. I have a bunch of components I am going to list for sale soon, because I just have way too many now.

I'll be straight up about why I'm selling this processor. I've been saving up to build a state of the art Crossfire rig and started buying components a little over 6 weeks ago. I can't afford to continually chase the latest and greatest components, but I planned to build a rig that would stay close to the top of the heap for at least a year or so. I ordered the FX-60 (before the prices came down), but it was on back order and I didn't actually receive it until last week. Now I had all of the components to build my "killer" rig, but then some test results on the Intel Conroe started circulating.

Financially I was about "all in" on this rig, but I figured out that if I sold the FX-60 now, before opening it, that I could stand to take a bit of a loss on the sale of the FX-60, and save that money aside to buy a Conroe, Conroe Crossfire motherboard and DDR2 memory when they were available and then I'd be happy and satisfied that I had a rig that would have "legs" for the year or so down the road. The FX-60 was the baddest processor in town when I planned my system and started buying the components. I think the Conroe is going to be bigger and badder, so I want to base my new killer rig around the Conroe. If you visit the Anandtech CPU forum, look for my user name and you will see the thread I started asking if I should stay with the FX-60 or base my new rig on the Conroe. That tells more of the story of why I've decided to sell this new processor - rather than use it now and sell it used a few months down the road.

I will take a reasonable loss selling this processor (my original price already reflected that), but if it looks like I would have to take a substantial loss to sell this processor, I would just go ahead and build my rig using the FX-60 and sell off the parts as used when I decided to upgrade the rig to the Conroe. That's the story and none of it fishy. I just laid all of my cards on the table. If you are in the market for a NIB, never used, package seals not even broken FX-60, mine is for sale at a nice discount and has not been messed with in any way. That's it.

Monday morning bump.

The lowest price I could find online this morning for this processor was $814.99 shipped through Monarch. That's after checking Price Watch. and Price Grabber. My price for the same is $700. Save $114.99 off of the LOWEST price found this morning online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back