FS: Network appliances, Supermicro gear, enterprise SSDs, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Fox

[H]F Junkie
I normally don't bump my FS thread often, but if it's listed in here, it's still available. Before you ask any questions, PLEASE READ MY THREAD.

I'll be in Europe from the end of May through the end of June. I might check in occasionally, but don't expect any responses until June 23rd!

Fine print: I don't generally put things on hold unless I have a good reason to, however, if two people contact me about something, I tend to give priority to the first person. If you are around Phoenix, you can come pick up the items in person if you would like. Otherwise I'll ship it at your expense by a carrier of my choice (usually FedEx). I can ship internationally, however any prices with shipping included are for the continental US. If you find my prices unreasonable, I am always open to offers. I can upload higher resolution images if requested. Please do your research on all these items before buying them as if they aren't compatible with your stuff, I won't be held responsible for that. If you would like more pictures or have any questions, please PM me (or better yet, send me your email as my PM box is always full). Heatware.

Trades I'm interested in:
  • m4/3 Lenses
  • Uncommon Lian Li cases
  • Maybe a 2011 motherboard (and processor?)
  • Unique/rare/high-end toys. Nothing specific in mind, but if you look through my previous FS threads to see the kind of hardware I normally deal with, that should give you a general idea.

Network appliances: For listing purposes, each 1U appliance will be numbered starting at the top and descending (since there are 16 in total). If you want more details on a specific unit, PM me as I need to be brief or else the descriptions will go on forever.

P1010186.jpg

#01 - Unavailable.
#02 - Unavailable.
#03 - Unavailable.
#04 - Unavailable.
#05 - Unavailable.
#06 - Unavailable.
#07 - $59 - 478 based appliance (2.4ghz + 512mb of RAM + 80gb drive I believe). 2 x 1gbit and 6 x 100mbit Intel NICs. Has VGA out and more ports on the back and a CF slot inside. Includes a full Windows Server 2003 + ISA server license. Shiny LCD displays things inside (and outside) the OS (and that's a knob/dial to the right that adds more functionality). Should have no problem running Linux.
#08 - $59 - Same as #7.
#09 - $69 - Same as #7, but with 2 x 1gb and 2 x 100mbit Intel NICs. Includes RSA SecurID software in lieu of ISA server.
#10 - $89 - 775 based appliance (specs generally better than the 478 based version). 2 x 1gbit Intel NICs. Has VGA out and more ports on the back and a CF slot inside. Includes a full Windows Server 2003 license along with RSA's SecurID software. Shiny LCD displays things inside (and outside) the OS (and that's a knob/dial to the right that adds more functionality). Should have no problem running Linux.
#11 - Unavailable.
#12 - Unavailable.
#13 - $89 - Same as #10, but with Websense software instead of SecurID.
#14 - Unavailable.
#15 - $119 - Same as #10, but with ISA server instead of SecurID and 6 x 1gbit Intel NICs
#16 - Unavailable.

$119 shipped - Asus P5BV-C/4L motherboard with 4gb ECC RAM and a Core 2 Quad Q6600. IO shield included (heatsink available upon request). Board functions perfectly and includes 4 gigabit NICs. Newegg link.

P1100561.jpg

Trades Only - Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard. IO shield included (heatsink and CPU available upon request). In great working condition. There are two caveats attached with this board. Should you wish to trade me something for it, you may never sell the board for money nor can you ever send it in for warranty (this is at Kyle's request). If that is too much to ask, then unfortunately this is not the board for you! Newegg link.

P1100562.jpg

$199 shipped - Pliant Lightning LB200M SAS SSD. It will also not work with SATA no matter what you try.

P1100565.jpg
P1100566.jpg

$99 shipped - Intel Xeon E5620 (just one, not the pair). In excellent working condition.

P1020047.jpg

$169 shipped - Toshiba MK1001GRZB SAS SSD. 100gb of SLC NAND instead of MLC for nearly limitless writes and high performance. If you don't know why this is relevant, this SSD is not for you. It will also not work with SATA no matter what you try. Like new with 4 years of warranty remaining. Manufacturer link.

P1020023.jpg

$19 shipped - Alphacool NexXxos XP waterblock. Brand new and unused. Fits nearly anything AMD. For $5 more, I can include 2 brand new fittings (I have 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" available).

$139 shipped each - Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB drives with full disk encryption (model: HUA722020ALA331). These are the enterprise models that support FDE. Manufacturer datasheet.

$5 each - 15 Available - LSI SAS interposer. In excellent condition. Converts SATA drives into dual port through a mux to enable high availability.

$39 shipped - Supermicro M14T mobile rack. Holds 4 x 2.5" disks in a 5.25" bay. Has multilane connector and removable fan. Newegg link.

$19 each - 4 Available - Netgear WGXB102 powerline wireless range extender. Factory sealed. Newegg link.

$229 shipped - Sold - Areca ARC-8026 SAS expander. In excellent condition. Has 36 6gbit ports total and a serial console (cable not pictured, but included).

$35 shipped - Sold - Swiftech MCP350 pump. In excellent working condition. Only used for a few months. Newegg link.

Last edited:
Do you only have the one Toshiba SLC ssd? I'm thinking it would make a great cache disk for my ZFS setup.

Interested in the Atom 1u appliance. The case you specify has the ports on the front, your picture shows no front ports.

You can PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back