FS: My old video cards

Jeff

Gawd
Joined
Nov 12, 2000
Messages
560
Ok, I'm posting this just for the hell of it. The pair of 7900GT and a old school GF4 TI4600. The 7900GT video cards have the infamous corrupted video syndrome I don't think the warranty is valid anymore. The GF4 I think doesn't POST. I haven't touched that dinosaur in years, it's just been sitting in the closet. Use it for parts, decoration, or maybe fixing it yourself. EVGA warranty policy blows ass because I didn't register the 7900s within 30 days of purchase thus the cards aren't covered. What a load of BS!

EDIT: I changed the price. To make it simpler $45 for all of it including shipping.

vidcards.jpg
 
Last edited:
Post edited. I'm not going to part out the cards. Selling everything here for $45 including shipping. Thanks!
 
I'll let someone else have a go at these 7900gt, I don't feel like putting these in the oven. I didn't bake these because I didn't want to risk ruining them.

Anyways, if anyone is interested please let me know. Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Bump.

I just tested these card today just for the hell of it. Same problem, both the 7900GT's have artifacts on the screen. They boot into windows just fine though.
 
... I don't think the warranty is valid anymore....

If you registered those 7900gt's with EVGA, they carry a lifetime warranty. Which translates into "send them in for a replacement."

bump
 
That's what I thought, but EVGA policy sucks big time. If you don't register within the first 30 days of purchase then ALL warranty is void! I was pissed as hell when I found out, but whatever. I bought an EVGA 8800GT 512M and a EVGA 9800GT 1GB after the pair of 7900s. I didn't think to register those either so warranty is void as well. Thankfully they are still working though *knock on wood*. I used to buy only EVGA cards and recommend them to all of my friends, but after they declined my warranty that was the last EVGA card I bought. They don't care if you have the invoice showing original purchase date, if you didn't reg within 30 days then all bets are off.

XFX and BFG are more lenient on their warranty policy. You can show them them the original purchase invoice and they will still cover the card. XFX even has the double lifetime warranty which will cover warranty transfer to a second owner.

In a part yes it was my fault for registering the cards, but still it's a stupid policy for EVGA to implement especially when they claim "lifetime warranty".
 
That's what I thought, but EVGA policy sucks big time. If you don't register within the first 30 days of purchase then ALL warranty is void!.

EVGA's policies don't suck - most GPU manufacturers with lifetime warranty have the same condition. It's not like they hide the fact that you have 30 days to register.

Not that it changes anything in your current situation, but if you register after your 30 days - you still have warranty.. but only for a year.

EVGA Terms said:
All EVGA Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days from ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive our limited lifetime warranty. (All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty.)

BFG is the same.

BFG said:
In connection with such Limited Lifetime or Ten Year Warranty, all BFG graphics cards introduced on or after February 21, 2008 must be registered on www.bfgtech.com within thirty (30) calendar days of the original purchase date to activate the limited lifetime warranty or limited ten (10) year warranty. Products not properly registered will be covered from the date of purchase by a two (2) year warranty in Europe, and a one (1) year limited warranty in the U.S. and other countries. Proper registration includes submitting proof of purchase to BFG.
 
Back
Top