FS: MSI Gaming Laptop 15.6" 1080p core i7-2620 2.7/3.2GHz nVidia 560m

Status
Not open for further replies.
$725 shipped firm, verified paypal. stephen_0983 for most feedback (eBay), stephen0983 on heat (new)
A great desktop replacement and perfect for LAN gaming. 2nd generation i7 CPU, high end nVidia 560m graphics and a brilliant 1080p display (upgraded to higher color gamut).

Keep in mind this is by no means an ultrabook, it is on the heavier side. It has heatsinks and a fan for the CPU and graphics and room for an additional hard drive, so it's to be expected. This MSI model is a "whitebook" or "whitebox", meaning it is easier to upgrade and maintain; those who are familiar with PC building and upgrading shouldn't have any problems doing so.

The only negative thing I found with this laptop is that it is quite power hungry when you leave Windows on High Performance mode using the battery. The battery doesn't last long on those settings. But, as previously mentioned, it's more of a desktop replacement that will be plugged in and probably not something you'll actually set on your lap on the sofa and use.

"Sandy Bridge" Intel core i7-2620 2.7/3.2 GHz
nVidia 560m Graphics
8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
15.6" 1920x1080 Matte display with 95% NTSC color reproduction (upgraded)
500GB Seagate Momentus Hard Drive
One extra hard drive bay, supports RAID 0 and 1.
DVD-RW drive
Sata 6Gbit/sec, USB 3.0, eSATA, HDMI, wifi + bluetooth, full keyboard.
Windows 7 x64 Home included, with discs and sticker.
Website for the MSI whitebook specifications
http://www.msiwhitebook.com/product_spec.asp?model=MS-16f2-ID1

This was originally purchased through RK Computers online store, and does bear their logo on the back of the screen

Tags: Alienware Republic of Gamers Asus 570m 580m 555m nVidia GTX

Last edited:
Sweet laptop! Looking for a nice gaming one myself. Will definately consider! TTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back