FS: Modded Xbox, controllers, a few games, dance pad

Luca Rescigno

Weaksauce
I have a modded Xbox that I need to sell. Here's the rundown:

The Xbox is a version 1.0 with a Thompson drive. I installed a DuoX2 modchip, an 80 GB hard drive, and EvoX dashboard software. I love the thing, but I'm getting tired of Xbox games and anyway I'm traveling to China in a few months and I won't be able to keep this with me.

For just the Xbox itself, no controllers, I'm asking $120 shipped. I will remove all games and other media from the hard drive before shipping.

I also have four S controllers. One is translucent green, the rest are black. All are in great shape (a testament to the durability of these controllers!). Asking $15 shipped each.

Another thing that might appeal to modders is the original hard drive. Some people find them useful... I don't really know what to do with it, but I'm not about to just format the 8 GB hard drive since it's not really enough space to make any kind of difference. This is now bundled with the Xbox.

I have a MadCatz dance pad and DDR Ultramix 2 that I'll sell, combined, for $25 shipped.

Finally, the games. I only have a few of these left. They consist of:

Crimson Skies (no manual)
Freedom Fighters (no manual)
Shenmue II (no case/manual)
Splinter Cell (writing on disc)
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (no case/manual)

Kind of a sad list. I sold most of my games already, and this is all that's left. They were all pre-owned games, so not all of them have cases, and those that do may have stickers on them. Still, the games all play perfectly. I'll sell these for $5 shipped each (using media mail).

Actually, I'm also interested in PS2 gear. I was thinking I'd get a slim PS2 before I leave, since it's so small I can easily carry it with me (unlike the Xbox). So if you have any PS2 games or accessories you'd like to use as a partial trade towards any of the above, let me know!

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=12061
Email: [email protected]

I'm not that familiar with modded Xboxes, but is there a way I could add a new, bigger drive myself and have the EvoX stuff reloaded?

I am not that familiar either... I specifically chose to use an 80 GB hard drive because it was very simple. In retrospect, it would have been better to go with a 120 GB hard drive. Past that, and there are a lot more things to consider:

- Does the current version of the BIOS I'm using support >128 GB hard drives? (I don't think it does)
- Does my modchip support a BIOS version that supports >128 GB hard drives? (I'm pretty sure it does, but not 100%)
- How do I partition or set up a larger hard drive with multiple partitions? (I don't know)

I used a very simple method of preparing and installing the hard drive. It's just a boot CD (called "Slayers") that formats and sets up any hard drive automatically. But again, I only know how to get it working with 120 GB and smaller hard drives.

There's a useful site called xbox-scene.com that has a lot of information, but it's poorly organized. The forums basically consist of either experienced modders figuring out what kind of new stuff they can do, or newbie modders who ask the same questions over and over again and are told to use the search function (which does not work and instead defaults to a Google search of the site). It is possible to get some useful information from there but it's not easy.

i put a 200gb western digital drive in my modded xbox and the slayer auto intall cd set up the partitions and everything for me. I don't have a mod chip in mine, just flashed BIOS (tsop mod) and it works awesome.

you can always check out www.xbox-scene.com for info / questions.

Price drop. I'm now asking $120 shipped for the bare console and I'll also throw in the original 8 GB hard drive in case you want to use Xbox Live (you'd get banned if you tried accessing Live with the 80 GB hard drive and the modchip enabled).

Controllers are $15 shipped each.

The games I listed are $5 shipped each.

DDR Ultramix 2 + dance pad is $25 shipped.

I have a Vdigi VD-Z3 - a component-VGA transcoder. It lets you hook up the Xbox to a monitor and use progressive scan mode. Very cool. $50 shipped.

I can do a little bundle where you get the Xbox, a controller, and all the games I have available for $140 shipped. Damn good deal. Or you can get EVERYTHING I listed for $200 shipped.

Post some pics of what the Xbox looks like on an LCD or a CRT computer monitor so I can get an idea of what the quality of it is.
-Silent

Back