FS: MacBook Pro, SantaRosa, 4GB

Hotdog453

Limp Gawd
My love for Apple knows no bounds.

The problem is, I have too many Apples. I've been mostly using my MacMini in lieu of my MBP, mostly since it's in an area I sit, and thus it gets used more. And for mobile uses, I've been using a Dell.

It's a 15" 2.4ghz MBP.

200GB HDD.
4GB DDR2 (2*2GB)
Double Layer...

ya know what:

* 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
* 4GB memory
* 200GB hard drive
* Double-layer SuperDrive
* NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB

I mean, it's a MBP. We all know what that is.

Glossy screen.

Freshly reloaded with OSX 10.5.3 (or 10.5.2, if you don't want me to do the update).

You'll be getting everything: Original box, original power (magsafe, etc), all that good stuff.

Condition wise, it's damn perfect. As in, it was used 99% of the time plugged into a monitor, facing a wall, with me using an external keyboard and mouse. So it's like Jesus-clean. Like if Jesus was a laptop, it'd be this laptop. Except without the death. And the burial. And the resurrection.

I will post pictures tomorrow (this evening, going to work soon, kek), since I'm far too lazy to tonight.

One caveat: It won't be shipped, most likely, until this weekend. Since I need to get some stuff off of, reload it, wipe it of my Hentai, all that good stuff. So if you say "omg I want it", I'll say "okay", and you can just pay me this weekend when I mail it out. I do not want you paying me right off the bat, as I'll feel pressured and rushed and break out into hives and probably cry.

Price: 1800 shipped via UPS.

Since the 4GB of memory, according to Apple, is like a billion dollar option, I figured this would be a grand deal for someone.

Ebay: hotdog453
Beerology: hotdog453
Heatware: hotdog453

This is cross posted on Agora over at Arstechnica.

etc., etc.

Edit: It does not have AppleCare, and is out of the time period where you can purchase it from Apple. However, it is still covered by the 1-year warranty.- Edit: I'm not sure on the specefics of AppleCare; it's much less than a year old, so AppleCare may still be purchasable; I'll post the exact purchase date tonight.

Second (or, well, fifth, twelfth, whatever): It is a Peryn, I apologize, I thought that was implied by the 256MB 8600M GT video card, but then I realized the 256MB memory size was an option for the non-Peryns.

I will get the battery stats tonight as well.

Bigger Picture of laptop itself.
stats.png

battery.png

I will be adding more pictures. It was in use tonight, and my awesome docking station makes it awkward to take pictures.

How old is it? Penryn? Might want to post the battery status from coconut battery or istat pro. I thought you could purchase AppleCare anytime within the first year of ownership, while the machine is still under warranty.

Hotdog453 said:
...if Jesus was a laptop, it'd be this laptop.

Well I must say that's pretty high praise. Made me chuckle, so here's a free bump. :)

Bump.

As mentioned in my edits, it is a Peryn MBP. 2.4ghz. All that good stuff.

Pictures added to the original.

I agree, love the desc. If it were half-price I *might* consider it, since it's running unix (OSX) Though if you're interested in a trade, maybe we coudl work out soemthing...

Well, it CAN run Vista or XP, but I've always found it kinda silly to see people running XP or Vista on a MBP... there are much cheaper notebooks to run Windows on :D

But, TTT!

lol, my point was I cant *stand* the original MacOS, OSX I dont mind. I'd probably install XP as a secondary-boot option or something for when a program would NOT behave on OSX/WiNE/Virtual PC/etc. Primary and 99% useage *would* be OSX.

Ah, good, good. Yeah, OSX is sexy :D

The ability to dual-boot is awesome, though. Vmware Fusion is neato, but for pure gaming; just boot the bitch into XP or Vista, and BOOM! Nvidia 8600 is ready to r0x0r!

Free bump because the wording of your post made me laugh

good luck with the sale!

you can purchase applecare to extend the warranty of any machine still within the original 1-year warranty, so that's good news for anyone looking to pick this up.

The machine now comes with six, yes SIX GB of RAM! I'm including the original Apple 1GB*2 sticks. According to Apple, these sticks are worth like... a million dollars.

(no, you cannot run 6GB in the machine. I'm sorry :( )

um... I mean this in the nicest way possible... if you cant use them in the machine, what's the point in including the original RAM? (or is it purely for hte fact "I'm including epensive Apple RAM!!!"?)

Oh an amusing side-note, apple ram is normal RAM, a laptop I bought second-hand (Dell 8100) had a stick of apple RAM in it! lol

um... I mean this in the nicest way possible... if you cant use them in the machine, what's the point in including the original RAM? (or is it purely for hte fact "I'm including epensive Apple RAM!!!"?)

I know some people (Me) would be able to use it in a second notebook.

Free up.

Is this still available?

Back