FS: Mac mini - Intel Core i5 (2.6GHz) - 8GB Memory - 500GB SSD upgrade

Sc4r3d

Gawd
So I am exactly 7 days past return to best buy where I bought her. I bought it on May 17th, 2017. I just checked, I thought I had 45 days, I am no longer Premier Plus, but only Premier so I screwed myself

• Product Total $772.98
  • Sales Tax, Fees & Surcharges
    $59.91
  • Order Total $832.89
Samsung - 850 EVO 500GB Internal Serial ATA Solid State Drive for Laptops
FS: Mac mini - Intel Core i5 (2.6GHz) - 8GB Memory - 1TB

I will take a loss and sell it for $700 $650 shipped include the original drive never used and the installed 500GB SSD.

heat - sc4r3d (perfect 68-0-0)

Last edited:
So I am exactly 7 days past return to best buy where I bought her. I bought it on May 17th, 2017. I just checked, I thought I had 45 days, I am no longer Premier Plus, but only Premier so I screwed myself

Off topic, but did you try talking to the store manager to see if they would still allow the return? Way back in the day I worked at Geek Squad, and I know that in certain situations, managers can override the return policy and make an exception.
It just depends on who you get and if you ask nicely, especially in this case since you legitimately thought you were still in the return period.

Anyway, bump for you and good luck!

Off topic, but did you try talking to the store manager to see if they would still allow the return? Way back in the day I worked at Geek Squad, and I know that in certain situations, managers can override the return policy and make an exception.
It just depends on who you get and if you ask nicely, especially in this case since you legitimately thought you were still in the return period.

Anyway, bump for you and good luck!

I called into Best Buy rewards and they told me it was too late. Do you suggest going to a local store might be better? I am all for trying that if you think it would be worth it.

I called into Best Buy rewards and they told me it was too late. Do you suggest going to a local store might be better? I am all for trying that if you think it would be worth it.

Yeah, they won't be able to do anything over the phone. You will need to head to the store, go to customer service and explain the situation to the CS rep. They will most likely tell you it's outside the return period and they can't do a refund.
At that point you'll want to ask to speak to a manager, and politely explain the situation to the manager - i.e you're a loyal longtime customer, it was an honest mistake, etc. Ask nicely if they can make an exception since it's still fairly close to the return window.

No guarantee, but honestly it's worth trying.

Yeah, they won't be able to do anything over the phone. You will need to head to the store, go to customer service and explain the situation to the CS rep. They will most likely tell you it's outside the return period and they can't do a refund.
At that point you'll want to ask to speak to a manager, and politely explain the situation to the manager - i.e you're a loyal longtime customer, it was an honest mistake, etc. Ask nicely if they can make an exception since it's still fairly close to the return window.

No guarantee, but honestly it's worth trying.

I will be going there in the am.. Thank you sir!

Bump - No go on the return, nice guy, and I understand their policy. I will just have to take a hit on this one. I wasn't going to argue, it's not his rule.

$675 Shipped.

BUMP up the jam.

Why when I want to buy things can I never get them on super sale like this lol.

Back