odoe

[H]F Junkie
Details
You can PM me or email me at forsale AT odoe.net
my heat
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=21767
This is in color, because this is the stuff about payment
non-cc paypal ONLY please
or if you want to send me a money order, fine, but it has to clear with the teller at my bank first
if it is written in crayon on a mcdonalds napkin, we might have a problem
if you pay with paypal e-check, note, those take a while, so be patient
i'll send you my paypal email when you decide to purchase

FS: M-Audio Transit $45
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Transit-main.html
Back up for sale is my M-Audio Transit. Mine is just like the one in the link above, just a little scuffed, but works. Comes with a generic USB cable I've been using with it and a little TOSLINK to mini converter thing. Never used it, but I think it's to get TOSLINK in on the Transit.

WTB:

Looking for a Scythe Ninja Rev. B.
- This is going to be for a silent PC project I'm going to work on this year. Not in a big hurry for it, but figure I might as well start looking.

Sold items
--------------------------------------------------------
So I'm selling this off to see if anybody would be interested, either to fix it or for parts. All the testing I've done (Dell diagnostics, MemTest, google searching error codes) points to bad RAM on the video card. A replacement card cost around $500 or more from Dell and a downgraded card cost about $250-$300, depending on where you buy it, so I figure rather than try to fix this myself, I'm going to cut my losses (I tend to hold on to too much stuff anyway) and offer it up here. The warranty expired in March, 2007. I have taken the laptop apart and cleaned it in the process of trying to fix the video card, but no such luck.
This has been my primary PC for a couple of years now, so it pains me to sell it. It's like parting with a good friend.
If I learned anything here, it's to purchase a minimum 3 year warranty on a laptop, especially with a high-end video card in it.

I guarantee this item DOA :p
Actually, it will boot into Safe Mode, but the image is all kinds of scewed up. Maybe you could use it for a headless machine, but hey, you buy it, you do as you wish with it.

Here are some pics. I ran DBAN on it to clear the drive.
m170_1.jpg

^ You can see an example of how the image is messed up, and it's only worse in a Windows (even tried Linux) environment. You can also see some wear from my wrist rested during my hours of WoW gaming.
The screen is a little dirty, but other than that, works fine. The keyboard was replaced once because I wore out the WASD keys.;)

m170_2.jpg

^ The back oh these XPS screens have some weird plastic thing that is a bit scuffed, but all lights work.

m170_3.jpg

^ Close up of the wear from my hand resting here.

Here are the specs on cnet
Mine has a 2GHz Centrino, 2GB of Kingston Value RAM, 60GB HDD, CD-RW, Broken 7800 GTX :D, Bluetooth, Wireless, etc, comes with battery, AC adapter, all the discs, including the restore disc for Windows MCE 2005.

Again, the video card is broken, you buy this AS-IS.
The drive has been wiped, so no OS is currently installed.

Price is (SOLD) shipped, CONUS only please.
If you have any questions, just ask.

And if you happen to have the replacement card for this, let me know, maybe we can work something. I'd love to ressurect this baby if I could.

Actually, I'm going to keep this for now.
Thanks.

Still looking for a Scythe Ninja Rev B though

bump
could really use the AV-710 if anyone has one

Back