FS: Low-Dollah Dodeca (2xHex core) Motherboard/CPUs/Memory/SSD

Tobit

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - March 2010/May 2011
Making some changes and would like to sell this combo before Feb. 2nd as I am leaving town for a month.

2x Opteron 4184 2.8 GHz CPUs with Retail Bulldozer HSFs
1x ASUS KCMA-D8 Dual C32 Motherboard
2x 2x2GB G.Skill DDR3 1333 @ 7-7-7-21 (8GB Total)
1x Vertex 30GB SSD with bare bones Gentoo Linux installed

Build Thread

This build has been rock solid since I built it in Nov. 2011. Memory was flashed by me to achieve CAS 7 ratings on this server board that usually forces CAS 9 in BIOS. This is a very nice folder for SMP projects. However, I don't remember recent SMP PPD numbers.

I'd like to receive $225 shipped for this combo. I am trying to clear around $200 after PP fees and shipping so I need to stay pretty firm on this. Power supply/case pictured in build thread are not included as I need them for another project.

D'oh! I was going to see if you wanted to use the setup to test 4300 series Opterons.

D'oh! I was going to see if you wanted to use the setup to test 4300 series Opterons.
Well you picked a good time to tell me. Well, if it doesn't sell soon, I will consider taking it with me to my Ohio residence. I will be splitting most of my time between here and Ohio over the next year.

Who? Cause I don't have one. :)

Also - This would perform relatively close to an i7-2600, wouldn't it?
For folding, and if you fold under Linux, it should perform a bit better I would think.

Yes, I will ship to Alberta but would have to charge the exact postage as the box will be quite heavy and would likely be considered "oversized dimensions" for me to pack it all properly.

Price Reduction:

$210 shipped to CONUS destinations
$240 shipped to Canada

Your build thread said it's doing close to 40k ppd. I have 6 older boxes running and getting that :(

Your build thread said it's doing close to 40k ppd. I have 6 older boxes running and getting that :(
Yeah, it's still doing 32K to 38K PPD on SMP projects. Sad thing is, it used to do 80K to 100K on bigadv projects before the thread nerf.

Back