FS: IC7-Max3, 3.0E, Raptor 10K, BH5, 9800Pro, More!

Sucka

Gawd
With the holidays upon us, i am forced to part out one of my main computers There is nothing wrong with any of these components, i just need to sell them, and rather fast. I can produce pictures upon request, as well as any questions you might have for me. I am paypal verified, and prefer that as a means of payment, i also accept MO. I will ship by any means requested (US only), however i can offer a discount for Fed-Ex as my lady works there. Buyer pays actual shipping on all items. My heat is under "Suckasd".

Abit IC7-Max3 (latest BIOS) no mods, *most* packaging included, i used all the sata cords. Asking $145 Sold

Intel Pentium 4 Prescott 3.0E SL7KB D0. Does 250FSB with 1.5125v for me. I ran it at 247FSB daily as my memory was limited to right around there for maximum stability. Your results will vary! I guarentee it to run at 3.0 out of box, your milage will vary. Asking $120 (might be able to find heatsink if needed). Sold

2 x 256 Mushkin Level 2 BH5 memory sticks, with black heatspreaders. These were bought from another member. I ran them at 247FSB with 3.4v via OCZ DDR Booster 24/7. I had them up to 255FSB @ 3.5v, anything beyond that was not tested. Great memory for benching rigs, and those looking for lowest latency. These were run at 2-2-2-5 as well. Asking $120 shipped

bh5.jpg

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb 256bit, ram is fully sinked. Asking $160.00 Sold

Western Digital 36GB 10,000 Raptor. Very fast drive! Asking $85.00Sold

Antec True Power 550w, Very stable rails, great PSU, less than 2 months old. Asking $80.00Sold

Lian Li PC-60, best case ever :p Asking $85.00, perfect condition.Sold

If there are any questions, feel free to PM me. I work during the day, so don't panic if you don't hear back from me until late night. Feel free to make offers, however no low balling please. Again, heat is under "Suckasd". Thanks.

not a threadcrap, but I was wondering why you listed a price for the DDR booster if its already sold :p Free bump!

XeroHouR said:
not a threadcrap, but I was wondering why you listed a price for the DDR booster if its already sold :p Free bump!

Well, because if it didn't sell within a week, i was splitting them up, and if someone was only interested in the BH5 (ie they had vdimm mods or a booster already) than they wouldn't want to spend an additional $20 for a un-needed booster. So if i list them seperate, they know what they are spending on each item, make sense? The booster would go within 20 minutes at $20 bucks, and i don't want to be stuck with BH5 and no booster if i just sold off the booster.

CPU is sold, everything else is still available. Thanks.

Would also be willing to trade for (+ cash if needed) for the following.

Logitech MX510 (Blue or Red)
High end speakers (5.1's minimum)
20" or greater CRT (flat screen)
2x512 BH5 memory
256mb USB2 Jump Drive
If you have anything to offer, feel free to PM me.

I was looking for a 9800pro last week but has already bought a 9600xt AIW at egg. I was looking for a $150 vid card... bumb for that. :rolleyes:

Just so you know, and this should not be considered a thread crap; his ram was never running above 3.2vdimm as is selectable in the bios. The reason for this is that the IC7 doesn't track VTT after 3.2vdimm unless you do the mod...so the booster wasn't doing a thing to help his overclock...may have given him 5 more mhz until the ram looked for more VTT and didn't have it. Hence you can basically consider his ram overclockable up to the speeds he listed on much less vdimm than he listed (3.2 to be exact). :)

EnJoY said:
Just so you know, and this should not be considered a thread crap; his ram was never running above 3.2vdimm as is selectable in the bios. The reason for this is that the IC7 doesn't track VTT after 3.2vdimm unless you do the mod...so the booster wasn't doing a thing to help his overclock...may have given him 5 more mhz until the ram looked for more VTT and didn't have it. Hence you can basically consider his ram overclockable up to the speeds he listed on much less vdimm than he listed (3.2 to be exact). :)

Interesting, cause at 3.2 (via booster) i was maxing out at around 235ish, and after upping the booster as high as 3.5 i could hit 255FSB, and it was also reported via BIOS to be at 3.5v. Don't know what to make of that...

But if that's true (which i doubt) than this memory does much higher at lower volts, which is good news :p

Just check OCZ's website under the compatibility list, or go read the "OCZ Booster works with these mobos" thread at Xtreme Systems. No Abit board tracks vtt...and infact it's a RMAable issue on earlier IC7-Max3 boards as it was stopping vtt tracking at 3.0vcore.

EnJoY said:
Just check OCZ's website under the compatibility list, or go read the "OCZ Booster works with these mobos" thread at Xtreme Systems. No Abit board tracks vtt...and infact it's a RMAable issue on earlier IC7-Max3 boards as it was stopping vtt tracking at 3.0vcore.

I'll check that out. Makes me wonder what these modules could do on higher volts than :confused:

What would explain the increase on stability at "higher volts" with the booster than? I would run super pi at 250 @ 3.2v and error out each run, then when i cranked the booster to 3.4v it would run no problem, and gain total stability. Could you explain why i would see that?

It could possibly have been that the ram simply only needed more of the voltage that the booster was giving and not more vtt...although I find that highly unlikely. I suppose for that question I'd have to give a big "I don't know". lol...

EnJoY said:
It could possibly have been that the ram simply only needed more of the voltage that the booster was giving and not more vtt...although I find that highly unlikely. I suppose for that question I'd have to give a big "I don't know". lol...

Thanks for the heads up, i'm gonna try and read a little more into it.

But as for the sale, i'm gonna leave my findings there, since that's the experience i had with them. If what you're saying ends up being true, then these sticks have far more potential than even i had thought :p

Yup, np, glad I could be of some informative use. :)

Well since i see the forums are back up..

All i have left is the BH5, asking $120 shipped for the Mushkin BH5.

Back