FS: HP Visualize X Class Workstation Dual 1GHz P3, 2GB PC133, etc..

BartY

Limp Gawd
Gotta clear this one out. I had plans for it, but I don't have any room in my office. This is an old CAD workstation I acquired from one of the places where I used to work.

Quick Specs:
Dual 1GHz P3
2GB ECC PC133 SDRAM
Matrox 2D AGP-Pro quad-GPU video card (64MB I think?)
80GB ATA-100 HDD (originally came with a SCSI drive, I've removed the SCSI controller as the SCSI drives were removed before I received it)

Notes:
The existing video card has drivers that are only good for Windows 2000. HP has installed a proprietary BIOS on this video card that prohibits one from using the Matrox drivers for XP. However, the standard VGA driver still gets you 16 bit color with this thing, so if you're just using it as a server, then it shouldn't be a big deal. If its of a real concern, throw an old 4x AGP card in it (as long as it has 3 connector tabs, you should be OK).

The memory check at POST can be bypassed by pressing Esc I think. There's no way to turn it off in the BIOS.

Unit is in good working condition, has a copy of Windows Server 2003 installed, I will reset the admin password should someone wish to retain this OS, or I will ship it as is. I was going to use this as a file server, but its too big for my rather small office.

Asking $60 plus shipping, OBO. *I will do $70 shipped for someone on the east coast*. It will probably run in the neighborhood of $30-40 to ship this to the west coast.

Back