FS/FT: Dual CPU 1U Server -- Tyan Transport GX28 -- HIGH PERFORMANCE SERVER

cha5e

Limp Gawd
Had this posted awhile back, then decided to keep it and use it. Now I've run into an issue that prevents me from using it as a production server but it could easily be diagnosed and run as one with little effort by a person with the right know-how.

PRICE DROPPED TO $900 FOR IMMEDIATE SALE, WILL ACCEPT TRADES OF ALL SORTS

This is a very nice high-end system. I am currently having some problems that should be easily solvable by a savvy tech. When the server experiences load in CentOS5 it locks the machine up. I remember when I bought the system the seller mentioned a BIOs setting that would affect system stability in Linux and Windows (if you were going to be running Windows, switch this on, if you are going to be running Linux, switch this off). It's been so long I do not remember which setting he mentioned so it could be this is the only issue or it could have some other underlying issue. Either way, just the parts in this system are worth the asking price.

OPEN TO TRADES AND OFFERS, MAKE AN OFFER!!

This a LIKE NEW Tyan Transport GX28. The server was used very slightly for some compiling work then reboxed and sat in it's original box. I bought it and used it for general web server for a few months before I wiped it and loaded CentOS5 to use it as a dedicated database server. This is when I began experiencing the system lockup under load.

BAREBONE SYSTEMS OF THIS GO ON EBAY FOR OVER $1,000!! THIS ALREADY HAS 4GB OF RAM, 2X 73GB SCSI DRIVES (OVER $200 A PIECE), DUAL OPERTON 240'S!!

dualoperton.jpg

QUICK SPECS:
Product Description: Tyan Transport GX28 B2881G28U4H
Form Factor: Rack-mountable - 1 U
Dimensions (WxDxH): 17 in x 26.5 in x 1.7 in
Processor: 2x240 AMD Opertons
RAM: 4 GB (installed) / 16 GB (max) - DDR PC2100 ECC Registered SDRAM

Storage Controller: RAID ( Ultra320 SCSI ) ( Adaptec AIC-7902 )
Server Storage Bays: Hot-swap
Hard Drive: 2 x 10k rpm 73gb 80 pin Hot-Swap SCSI Drives
Optical Storage: Slim-form CD-ROM
Graphics Controller: PCI - ATI RAGE XL - 8 MB
Networking: Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet

Manufacturer Description:
Based on the breakthrough 64-bit technology of dual AMD Opteron processors, with the incredible I/O capabilities of HyperTransport, the Tyan Transport GX28 (B2881) gives a wide range of functions while delivering excellent computational performance. Everything you need is built-in: four hot-swap SCSI or SATA drive bays, two PCI-X 133 expansion slots, support for up to 16GB of Registered DDR400 memory, two Gigabit Ethernet ports, and a 400W power supply with PFC. In addition, the Transport GX28 (B2881) also features front USB, smart auto-fan speed control, remote management options, and a slim CD-ROM drive that comes standard.

ADDITONAL SPECS:
http://tyan.com/products/html/gx28b2881_spec.html

This is a VERY sweet setup and I hate to part with it, but I currently have no use for it.

I'm looking for $1,200 OBO + Shipping. *UPDATED PRICE*

PRICE DROPPED TO $900 FOR IMMEDIATE SALE

pm'ed, throw me an offer, anyone else interested in parts?

Back