So I've recently been furloughed for who knows how long, and am needing to liquidate some of the 'niceties' of life to pay for the requirements of life.
First thing up for grabs is my recently built silent Plex player/server. It is based off a Streacom FC5 Evo case. This is essentially a 10 pound aluminum heatsink. The CPU has been installed and set up to use the case as its own heatsink - a pretty ingenious setup if you ask me. The case can passively cool up to a 65 watt CPU, and the 8700t has a 35 watt TDP. Full disclosure - when I transcode video on it and really push it hard, the CPU still pulls over 70 watts. the motherboard BIOS does have settings to keep it within the 35 watt threshold, but after extensive heat testing, the thing doesn't really throttle and doesn't get dangerously hot - but it will get toasty after several hours at 100% load.
Here are the vital stats on the build:
Streacom FC5 EVO case - the system will ship in the original Streacom box.
ASRock H370M-ITX motherboard. Installed along with I/O shield in the case. Also includes the 2 wifi antennae.
Intel 760p Series M.2 2280 256GB (NVME). Self explanatory.
Patriot Signature Line 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 2400. Pretty bog standard RAM.
Streacom ST-ZF240. Streacom's 240w fanless PSU. No brick or anything needed -uses standard PC power cord.
Finally the quirks of the thing. I have managed to misplace the 4 screws that secure the lid. This was not an issue for me, as I sat a monitor on top of the case that held the lid in place. The lid slides into a slot on the thick aluminum face of the case, so it doesn't really move on its own. Also, the case seems to have one rubber pad less thick than the others, and wobbles a bit on a flat surface. The weight of the monitor eliminates this wobble. That is all of the bad news.
The good news: This system ships with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit installed, activated, and all updates up until a few weeks ago. It also includes a fully functional and activated MS Office 2016 Professional Plus. It is literally ready to plug in and start rocking.
I really need to sell this as a complete system - so unless I have zero interest in the whole package and things get truly desperate, I don't want to break up the combo. The thing runs like the wind and makes for a great PC - it would be a massively overpowered but silent Plex player or a pretty awesome Plex server with the addition of some storage. I have used it both ways.
I have limited sales/purchasing experience here, but have used the jdd561 handle just about everywhere (the Agora (ARS Technica), Audiogon, Ebay, HardForums, etc). I am most comfortable using PayPal, but have Google Pay set up as well. The box is fairly large, and weighs about 13 pounds, so shipping will have to be TBD.
I would like to get $700 + actual shipping. PM with questions/offers.
First thing up for grabs is my recently built silent Plex player/server. It is based off a Streacom FC5 Evo case. This is essentially a 10 pound aluminum heatsink. The CPU has been installed and set up to use the case as its own heatsink - a pretty ingenious setup if you ask me. The case can passively cool up to a 65 watt CPU, and the 8700t has a 35 watt TDP. Full disclosure - when I transcode video on it and really push it hard, the CPU still pulls over 70 watts. the motherboard BIOS does have settings to keep it within the 35 watt threshold, but after extensive heat testing, the thing doesn't really throttle and doesn't get dangerously hot - but it will get toasty after several hours at 100% load.
Here are the vital stats on the build:
Streacom FC5 EVO case - the system will ship in the original Streacom box.
ASRock H370M-ITX motherboard. Installed along with I/O shield in the case. Also includes the 2 wifi antennae.
Intel 760p Series M.2 2280 256GB (NVME). Self explanatory.
Patriot Signature Line 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 2400. Pretty bog standard RAM.
Streacom ST-ZF240. Streacom's 240w fanless PSU. No brick or anything needed -uses standard PC power cord.
Finally the quirks of the thing. I have managed to misplace the 4 screws that secure the lid. This was not an issue for me, as I sat a monitor on top of the case that held the lid in place. The lid slides into a slot on the thick aluminum face of the case, so it doesn't really move on its own. Also, the case seems to have one rubber pad less thick than the others, and wobbles a bit on a flat surface. The weight of the monitor eliminates this wobble. That is all of the bad news.
The good news: This system ships with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit installed, activated, and all updates up until a few weeks ago. It also includes a fully functional and activated MS Office 2016 Professional Plus. It is literally ready to plug in and start rocking.
I really need to sell this as a complete system - so unless I have zero interest in the whole package and things get truly desperate, I don't want to break up the combo. The thing runs like the wind and makes for a great PC - it would be a massively overpowered but silent Plex player or a pretty awesome Plex server with the addition of some storage. I have used it both ways.
I have limited sales/purchasing experience here, but have used the jdd561 handle just about everywhere (the Agora (ARS Technica), Audiogon, Ebay, HardForums, etc). I am most comfortable using PayPal, but have Google Pay set up as well. The box is fairly large, and weighs about 13 pounds, so shipping will have to be TBD.
I would like to get $700 + actual shipping. PM with questions/offers.