FS: EMC NS-120 for local pickup near Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my hands on an EMC NS-120 from work a few weeks ago. It had two failed drives and a bad standby data mover. The data mover couldn't be recovered so I recabled the array as a single data mover setup and replaced the two failed drives.

It's been fun dinking around with it for a while but I know there is no way I can keep my server closet cool with it in there.

This is a combined Clariion CX4-120 and Celerra system so you can do fiber channel storage, NFS, iSCSI, and CIFS. Here's what you get:

CX4-120 Clariion, each SP with 6x 4Gb FC ports
DAE3P disk shelf with 15x 300GB 10k RPM 2Gb drives
Flare version 4.30.000.5.525 (latest)
Dual SPS battery backup
Power and FC cables

Celerra NS-120
Single Control Station
Single Data Mover with 4x 1Gb data ports, second Data Mover is included but is non functional and unplugged
DART 6.0.65.2 (latest)
Power and network cables

SAN comes with rail kit as well so it can be installed in a rack.

Since the failover data mover was bad I've unseated it and its two fans. I then cabled the backend as a single data mover enclosure and re-installed DART so the system now no longer recognizes that a failover data mover exists. The system is error free and works great. You can expand the SAN up to 120 disk drives with additional shelves, most of which you can find on ebay.

I live just southwest of the Twin Cities and would be willing to have someone pick this SAN up or meet in the metro area. For a little extra money, I'd be willing to drive up to 90 miles to deliver it.

Asking $2,000 OBO for everything.

Obviously this SAN comes with no warranty and I can't offer any support beyond it not being DOA. By purchasing this array I'm assuming you have some working knowledge of how EMC storage works!

Any questions, let me know!

ns120.jpg

Last edited:
Solid price considering. If only I had a place to put it. Good luck to you. Bumpski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back