FS: eMachines M6805 laptop / notebook - like new with extended warranty!

Eric1285

[H]ard|Gawd
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!

I'm off to college and I would like a more portable laptop, since I will have a desktop for gaming. The machine is about 3 months old and has not been used much. Specs are:

Athlon 64 3000+
512mb PC2700 memory
60GB HDD (4200 RPM)
Radeon 9600 with 64mb dedicated memory
Built in 802.11g wireless
DVD-RW/CDRW
15.4 inch WXGA widescreen display
Built in SD, MMC, and CF reader

The M6805 did not come standard with a DVD-RW drive, as this is something I put it myself. If you would like for me to replace the DVD-RW with the original DVD/CDRW drive, I can do this. I can also include the original DVD/CDRW for an additional $50.

The Radeon 9600 in the laptop has been overclocked, and it does so very well. Performance exceeds that of a 9600 Pro Turbo with 128mb of memory, and comes close to that of a 9700 Pro. Benchmarked at 12000+ 3dmarks in 3dmark2001.

The laptop comes with a 3 year extended warranty from Best Buy. This warranty is worth $300, and will entitle you to a free laptop within the 3 year period. It also allows you to get free batteries whenever the original battery starts losing the ability to hold a full charge. If/when this laptop breaks for the third time and you bring it in for service, Best Buy will issue you store credit for the original purchase price of the laptop, or they will give you another brand new laptop right on the spot. This is fairly easy to do, and has been done before (it's how I got this laptop in the first place).

Asking price is $1350 or best offer. Laptop is currently selling for $1150 after rebates at Bestbuy. Link

Price is $1350 with warranty and DVD Burner, $1150 without warranty, $1100 without warranty or DVD burner

EDIT: Just to clear things up...the $1400 price includes the DVD burner upgrade and 3 year PSP/warranty from Best Buy. The DVD-RW upgrade is easily worth at least $80-100. Please don't forget that you are also saving money on sales tax, which adds up to $70-100, depending on where you live. I will also guarantee that there are no dead pixels on the screen and that the Radeon 9600 overclocks to at least 435/225 (I run it at 445/235 when I'm gaming).

Heat: Eric1285
AIM: InsouciantRSX

the dvdrw is that the one from emachines or something else? i have the same laptop and i might be interested in just the drive.

sweet laptop serious power, plays ut2k4 1024x768 smooth like buttah. some one should buy it!

I bought the DVD-RW drive seperate. It was fairly easy to install...just pulled out the old drive, swapped in the new one, and Windows installed the new one by itself. If the person who ends up buying the laptop doesn't want the DVD-RW, I'll let you know. For now, I think I'll keep it in there.

u might want to return the warranty to bestbuy and lower down the price. Just a suggestion...

Just to clarify, the "warranty" is not a warranty. Its Protection Service Plan. It protects hardware not software. Best Buy is pretty good about getting the credit to you despite earlier posts. Best of luck.

The PSP cannot be returned after 30 days. Best Buy actually calls it a warranty, and most stores are usually really good about replacing your laptop.

vpr matrix 220a5 with minipci centrino wireless <--back from repairs..... but still broken!!! yay best buy!

yea i just got back from working there....arggggg...disgust

its good retail expereince, but the more i work there, the more that i despise it. its good because i am going to get my MBA/management degree after my engineering degree, and its good to know what NOT to do, because there are things that just tick me off that they do.

glad college is in less than 10 days :D

and BUMP for you

GREATEST LAPTOP EVER!

The price is a little steep for me, but nice laptop none the less!

Any trades?

BUMP

The 3 year waranty is more like a performance service plan, it covers dust, heat, surge, humidity, and normal wear and tear, but not abuse.

What you are talking about is the no-lemon policy, if you have to bring it in 3 times for repair, the 4th time they get the credit like you are talking about.

The PSP is also pro-rated, meaning after the 30-day is up, you can 'sell' it back to Best Buy for the value they think it is worth. If the store you are located next to doesnt want to do that, call the 1800 number on the back of your service plan. Alot of the stores don't like taking them back because it takes away from their numbers.

If you already have the service plan, i would probably keep it though - the major thing that it covers with laptops are the battery. Eventually, it will probably begin to loose its charge, and with the service plan, you are entitled to free replacements. We all know batterys can run over 100$+..

Aside from that spill, this is a decent laptop. Not as good as the new m6810/11 but still very decent. Deffinently a good buy.

I don't understand why you'd mention that Best Buy is selling the same laptop you're trying to sell for less.

You're price: $1400
Best Buys: $1150 (After Rebates)

Doesn't make sense.

ShepsCrook said:
I don't understand why you'd mention that Best Buy is selling the same laptop you're trying to sell for less.

You're price: $1400
Best Buys: $1150 (After Rebates)

Doesn't make sense.

You forget the warranty he bought for it.

It would help if he added it into that equation.

His price: $1400
Best Buys price $1150 + $300 = $1450

$1400 for 3 months old + Prorated warrenty
$1450 for Brand new and warrenty.
Ok, I see the value...
I'm not trying to flame the thread or anything, but just making sense of the pricing on this one.

Personally I think the price should come down some. But either way. That's a pretty nice machine. I'm not sure how those e-machine laptops are doing compared to their desktop history.

The eMachines laptops seem to be very reliable. I have not had any problems with mine. I have updated the info in the first post, since many people are not reading all of it. If you have a problem with the price, you can PM me about it. The $1400 asking price includes a DVD burner upgrade and a 3 year warranty good for free batteries and a free replacement laptop. I would be willing to return the warranty and lower the price for anyone who is interested. Do not forget that you are also saving money on sales tax. On a purchase this large, that would come up to around $70-100, depending on where you live. I can also promise you that the screen will not have any dead pixels and that the Radeon 9600 inside will overclock to at least 430/225 (I run it at 445/235, but I'm walking on the safe side). Thanks for all the comments and contributions.

what do you use to oc your vid card? powercolor? rage3d?

BUMP for you and your sweet A64 lappy

There's a program called ATITool that let's you overclock the video card. It has a built in artifact tester and basically, you just tell it to find your max stable overclocks...it does all the work for you.

bump for a sweet laptop. i can play far cry on this baby at 1280x800, all eye candy, and it looks great! widescreen is awesome as well.

you are also forgetting the 80 dollar dvd-rw that he installed
you are basically getting an m6807, and that cost more

FS: eMachines M6805 laptop / notebook - like new with extended warranty!

[god damn best buy salesperson]Oh no the Performance Service Plan is NOT an extended warranty, rather we offer this plan to be your friend. We just want to help you, we want to be your best friend in the store...translation...we want to selll you so much Dynex shit, your god damn wallet is going to explode[/god damn best buy salesperson]

but BUMP for a nice lappy

lmao.. you are teh funney man.

I am a best buy salesperson, so I surely hope that you don't hate against all of us.

Then again, I agree with alot of anti-best buy people..
Hell, today was the second time I've been written up for not mentioning service..

I just moved from Invetory up to Loss Prevention, yay! No more truck nights! I like the product replacement policy. I also this the service plans are a great thing to cover items like this. I highly recommend it. This is a great laptop. We sold quite a few last weekend.

I just moved from Invetory up to Loss Prevention, yay! No more truck nights! I like the product replacement policy. I also this the service plans are a great thing to cover items like this. I highly recommend it. This is a great laptop. We sold quite a few last weekend.

well i am glad that you realize the true value in those plans. congrats on your promotion. this is an excellent laptop and i do not know why no one has purchased it yet.

Back