FS: Dothans, Single Board Computers, more

widefault

Supreme [H]ardness
FS: Dothans, Single Board Computers, more

Dothan #1 is a 1.5GHz, 2MB, Pentium-M 715. Been running at 2GHz on the AOpen i855 mATX board without breaking a sweat, but I never tried for more. OEM chip.
$100 shipped

Dothan #2 is a 1.4GHz, 2MB, Pentium-M 710. Never tried to overclock this one. OEM chip
$90 shipped

I aso have two Celeron M 350Js. These are based on the Dothan core. Basically the P-M with 1MB cache on the .09 process. These run very cool, but don't have the same enhanced SpeedStep of a full P-M. These do have the XD(Execute Disable)bit, too. Excellent overclockers, pushed one up to a 166MHz bus(2160MHz) on the AOpen i855 board, that's a 66% overclock. At that speed it ran neck-and-neck with a [email protected](133MHz bus). Not too shabby for a fraction of the cost of a real P-M.
$35 each shipped

SBC #1 and #2 are Advantech PCM-5820 boards. 233Mhz Geode low power CPUs, Cyrix 5530(Media GX) chipset with built-in video and sound. Built-in Realtek 10/100 ethernet. 2 serial, one parallel, one IDE(two devices), onboard Compact Flash(bootable), and a PC/104 interface. These also have an onboard LCD interface, I've run a 12" LCD directly from one of these. Best part, these are tiny. Smaller than a 3.5" hard drive. Just under 4"x6", can be made to fit anywhere a 3.5" hard drive fits. Very low power, uses about 15 watts with hard drive and a CD drive(laptop parts). Can run off of 5 volt only, too. Power hookup is a standard molex. Both will come with cable kits and a 64MB SODIMM for memory. Driver support is out there for pretty much everything, although XP support is very poor. They work great under 98, NT4, 2k, and even Linux.

$100 each shipped

SBC #3 and #4 are Advantech PCI-6771F, Half length PCI SBCs. A bit bigger than the above boards(~5"x7.5"), but still small enough that I built one into a case that fits into a 5.25" bay. BX chipset, will take pretty much any socket 370 Celeron or PIII except for Tualatin cores. All the BX basics, although only one IDE channel since the second is set up to support a Compact Flash card. CF is bootable, although not all CF cards are compatible. Onboard Trident video with support for directly driving an LCD. Onboard 10/100 ethernet, RealTek I think. Both boards come with CPUs and memory, as well as driver CDs and cable kits. These have a PCI connector for attaching to a backplane, but it is NOT required to run them. They run just fine on their own. Power hookup is a standard molex.

SBC with PIII-500 and 128MB RAM - $100 shipped
SBC with Celeron 566 and 128MB RAM - $90 shipped

Also have a few Tualatin capable motherboards.
Abit ST6 non-RAID - bareboard, THE Tualatin overclocking board
$45 shipped

Tyan Tomcat i815t - bareboard, dual 10/100 but one is flakey
$30 shipped

Some other stuff:
PIII-800, 133bus, S370 - $20 shipped
Intel Wireless Gateway II, 4 port ethernet/802.11b router - $25 shipped
Dlink 802.11b access point - $20 shipped
2x340MB IBM microdrives - $30 each, $50 for the pair
IDE 100MB Zip drive - $15 shipped
Maze4 copper-top for P4, 3/8" barbs - $30 shipped
Maze1C for S370/462, 3/8" barbs - $20 shipped
5.25" acrylic res, 3/8" barbs - 15 shipped
D-Link 2 port KVM - SOLD

Open to trades for:
Pentium-M 479 motherboards

shipping included for US only
PayPal preferred
heatware and Ebay under widefault
e-mail is [email protected]

I am interested in the SBC with the celeron, although I won't get paid untill the first.
Also would you sell the SBC with out the proc and ram? i have both sitting next to me in abundance so I don't need them.
Thanks.

vacaskin, I'd prefer to keep them a package deal. They use SO-DIMMs and non-standard heatsinks(which are a pain to install).

mavalpha, the MSI board has integrated video and is mATX. The Tyan has video as well, but is a full size board.

Other PMs replied to.

Any way you can test out that MSI board? I can ship you a processor if it comes to that.

If I can find a stick of PC133, I'll test it out. I've got PIII Tualatins out the yinyang right now for testing.

I might be interested (ok, I am) in that P3 SBC. Any pics? What's the highest CPU it supports? (I have Celeron 800 I might use instead)

I recently picked up a .90nm 2mb cache 1.5ghz dothan cpu on ebay and put it in my ct479 on my asus p4p800-e deluxe board.. a cool 2.5ghz on the first attempt to OC.. haven't even tried to improve mounting or push beyond that yet (it's my fiance's computer.. so it's already way too fast for her needs.. she can surf teh web faster than any of her girlfriends now).

Point is.. that speed is faster than an FX-55 at default speeds according to Sandra. Not bad for a $100 cpu. :)

Pics of the SBC are in this thread. Note, the fan is removed in those shots but will be included. Pretty sure they support anything PPGA or Coppermine, but I did have problems with one of these boards recognizing a 1.75 volt CPU. Wouldn't boot, but worked fine with a 1.7 volt core.

TechnoButt, I've been considering one of the CT479s for the Celeron Ms I have. If I can get a 66% overclock on default voltage, I wonder what I could hit with real juice and a board made for higher bus speeds.

e-mails and pm's answered

No one wants a low speed Dothan? Please don't make me ebay them.

Back