FS: Dell Inspiron 14R 14" Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickS

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, selling my used 14R. I recently upgraded so this ones gotta go!

Specs
14" 1366x768 Display
Intel Core i3-2310M
6GB DDR3
180GB Intel 335 Series SSD
USB 3.0 Port
Webcam

You get the idea.

The Good
-8/10 condition
-Fully functional, no missing keys, etc.
-Comes with laptop & charger
-Battery holds a decent charge

The Bad
-There is a weird issue with the A/C adapter. Long story short, Dell's BIOS and the A/C adapter communicate, to verify that it is indeed a genuine Dell A/C adapter. For some reason, when the laptop is off, if I plug the A/C adapter in, it will not charge!

It will charge if I turn the laptop on, and then plug it in.. sometimes once or twice and then the charging light comes on. When this problem is occurring, it will say in Windows, "plugged in, but not charging." I've done a lot of research on it, and it's mostly inconclusive, so I just use my workaround - turn the laptop on, then plug it in. Some say its a sign of a bad A/C adapter, some say it needs a BIOS update, some say its Windows. Who knows.

Either way, thats the story on that. Functions fine, just needs some finesse.

Heatware is NickS, eBay is slow3v. If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks!

Asking $200 shipped OBO

Nick

Last edited:
TTT

Just a reminder guys, this is fully functional. You just have to have the laptop on before you plug it in, so the PC sees the AC adapter as a genuine Dell one. Shit, I turn it on real quick, plug it in and just close the lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back