FS: Custom built watercooled PC

SycoraX

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 15, 2003
Messages
206
You're looking at a custom water-cooled PC that I built for myself a few years ago. I thought I'll throw it on here before it goes to eBay. Some of the components are a bit outdated by now, however, it is extremely easy to upgrade it. I built this PC for gaming, but later down the road I bought a gaming laptop and built myself a HTPC, and haven't used this rig since.

Here is the list of the PC components:

Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum case
OCZ GameXStream 700W modular PSU (SLI Ready)
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard
Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.2ghz
eVGA 7900GTO 512mb
2gb (2x1gb) G.Skill PC4000 Dual Channel RAM
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound Card
250GB HDD
160GB HDD
Pioneer Dual Layer DVD+RW
Crystalfontz CFA-635 LCD with 6 buttons (fully programmable)
3x 120mm fans (2x on the radiator, 1x exhaust)

Here is a list of watercooling components:

Danger Den DD12V-D5 Pump
Danger Den Black Ice Pro II Radiator
Swiftech Apogee CPU Water Block
Danger Den Maze4 Acetal GPU Water Block
5.25" Bay Water Reservoir
Tygon tubing

The way I built this PC required ZERO maintenance from me. The only thing I would do every few months is blow the dust out. It absolutely does not leak water, nor does it require periodic refilling either (which is very easy to do through the bay reservoir if you have to). I had it running 24/7 for months and months, I never even had to refill the water in the cooling system. The radiator is mounted very securely as well, the computer can be drained and shipped anywhere (even though it's really heavy). All it would take afterwards is refilling it and powering it back up.

I'd like to sell it as is, but if there is interest in separate components, I may part it out.

Couple pics:
newestpc.jpg

newestpc1.jpg


As far as price goes, I really have no idea, but I was thinking $600. Let me know if it's too unrealistic.
 
This build would be kickass if you had some great hardware in the like a quad-core and a great graphics card, but it looks great, I would've thought it be worth more if i hadnt read the specs.
 
Back
Top