FS: Complete System: Unlockable XP Barton 2500+ ...

Spidey329

[H]F Junkie
Built it for my work, never used it. I've recently got a laptop that is faster than it. So I have no need for it.

The system is really good looking, the case can be pictured here: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-190-003&depa=1

Here are the specs, it's probably got like 10 hours on it.

- Barton (Unlockable version, but it is not unlocked!) 2500+
- Some Cheap 12gig HardDrive (recommend you get a better one)
- Sony 16x DVD Rom
- 512meg (single) . GeIL PC2700 (333mhz)
- ASUS A7V8X-MX KM400 (Micro-ATX) Motherboard, w/ onboard LAN, onboard audio, and onboard video.
- Windows XP/Pro

IT DOES NOT have a Floppy-Drive. I saw no use for one, as it's actually cheaper to put things on a CDR disc (14cents) over a 1.44 floppy (75+cents).

Make me an offer, I'll consider any serious offers. The invoice I pulled up at NewEgg shows I paid $420 to build it. With a bigger HardDrive and a TV card, it could be a good HTPC. Or with a nice videocard, you could probably have a great gaming machine.

Email: [email protected]

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME! I DO NOT CHECK THOSE! :)

Bump, however you need to specify a price, and then say you will consider offers below said price, per the rules.

ruhk said:
Bump, however you need to specify a price, and then say you will consider offers below said price, per the rules.

My bad ..

From my calculations (checked prices on NewEgg) it'd cost someone $300 to build an identical system w/o a harddrive, and operating system. So we'll work from there.

$375 + Shipping OR BEST OFFER (feel free to fire them at me).

A Barton should be unlocked by default. What do you mean by 'unlockable version'? Is it a pre 0339?

diredesire said:
A Barton should be unlocked by default. What do you mean by 'unlockable version'? Is it a pre 0339?

From my understanding,

The XP 2500+ Bartons came in two versions. The older (one I have) which you can unlock the multiplier on. And the newer which you can't (there maybe a way, I just haven't heard about it, haven't been payin much attention).

You can of course, always, adjust the MHZ. But the multiplier is unlockable. It's the "tanish-red" version of chip compared to the translucent green ones they use now (from pictures at least). I got it about a month before the locked ones hit the shelves.

I'm not sure about the stepping/version because I don't feel like pulling off the heatsink. I will check on the display box to see the dates though.

New Price: $325 O.B.O.

bartons are either locked or not, all pre week 39 are unlocked and all after are locked. which is yours?

I prefer paypal.

Super strokey said:
bartons are either locked or not, all pre week 39 are unlocked and all after are locked. which is yours?

That's not exactly true.

Furthermore, not all are "unlocked" by the mobo. Some mobos do the unlocking. Some (such as this Asus) does not. You have to do the bridge work or buy one of those pin crossing plates they sell (FrozenCPU?) to get the multiplier unlocked, not sure if they make one for the AQXEA. This is why I put "unlockable". It's an unlockable chip (going off serial number, not from experience, don't have another mobo to try it on), but it is not unlocked, it is up to the purchaser to A) buy a new mobo or B) do the L-Cache work if they so desire. More information can be available here: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/archive/index.php/t-47484
Including how to "pop" the bridges.

But for kicks.

AQXEA 0331 UPMW <---- CPU's code.

Still available. Maybe I should start bumping more than once a week? :)

Price lowered to: $300 + Shipping. I'm still a little flexible on the offers, as I tend to deal with them as they come in. So if you want, you can make an offer.

$299 + Actual Shipping

-OR-

$359 + Actual Shipping and I'll throw in a brand new 160gig 7200rpm/8meg Western Digital drive. Installed and ready to go.

Otherwise I'll throw it up on Ebay.

Back