FS: Complete 320W DIY TEC setup - CHEAP!

Mr. Tinker

Limp Gawd
As if there is any other kind (of respectable quality) other than DIY. I probably spent ~$300 on this plus countless hours of research and setup to get this just right. I want a nice quiet, low-power htpc setup, so now that I've had my fun this has to go.

What's included:
- Swiftech MCW5002 with s939 and s478 hold-downs (mounting hardware included but not pictured). Hold-downs for different sockets can be purchased from swiftech pretty cheaply (for instance, the s775 mount is $12)

- 1/4" copper coldplate.

- 320W/245W 50mm sq Thermal electric cooler (aka TEC aka Peltier). Wattage is claimed by ebay seller Thermal Enterprises. Either way, this is the most powerful 50mm TEC you can buy. I also include some custom wires for easy installation/connection to the power supply.

- Neoprene (used, in good condition). Used for s939 mount, should work for others.

- Iwaki MD-20RZG-2 Painted black by myself and rewired. One of the most powerful pumps used in watercooling today. It will add a minimal amount of noise to your setup and a minimal amount of heat to the loop.

- Meanwell s320-12 independent power supply. This is the only way to go in TEC cooling.

- A big heatercore with custom (read: ghetto) acrylic shroud and 2 120mm x 38mm Sanyo Denki fans. This will do the job nicely. I sprayed a coat of black on the top and mounted the thing to top of my chassis. The Sanyo Denki fans are the best fans for the job - they push enough air with enough pressure to get through the heatercore and while not silent, at 7v you won't hear any motor noise - just a nice whoosh of air.

TEC.jpg

I'll even throw in what's left of my dielectric grease, which should be enough.

Ask any questions you like. This setup took my average opty 146 to 3.2Ghz 0C idle 17C load. If you're coming from above ambient cooling, you'll be amazed at how easy overclocking is with this thing.

Asking $160 + shipping. If you PM me about shipping, please include your zip code and desired method so I can give an accurate estimate. The fastest way to contact me is at adamwsanders at gmail dot com.

Edit: 10/30/06 price drop from $200
Edit: 11/02/06 price drop from $175

Back