• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FS: BNIB - Sealed - Escort Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuzupfoo

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
320
Sold out! Thanks!


Not PC related but just thought someone might be interested...

Brand New in Box Escort Max. I have two for sale which I got from a BBK offer that Turner Motorsports is running.

Technically Car and Driver actually reviewed this better than the Valentine because of its better filtering of false alarms and modern features like GPS integration. I might just keep one and dump the V1 but I really like the directional arrows, though I will admit the V1 is borderline useless because the of number of false alarms in heavily populated areas. Only saving grace is most cops in CA use Ka band and rarely use the congested K band which mine is basically beeping constantly on my commute.

Review

Either way this is a top of the line detector and the only difference from the Max2 is the built in Bluetooth which can be added to this unit with a new BT Smartcord. But honestly after doing some quick research it looks like the phone app is a bit wonky and not necessarily worth it.

MSRP and what it lists in some sites is $549, but....

these retail for $470 on Amazon.

$400 OBO
 
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not the newer max 2 I presume?

that is correct this is the original but as I stated above after doing research they are exactly the same internally with the exception of Bluetooth. Its been widely discussed in the review pages and (radar) forums that these are identical. Thats why pricing between is very similar with a discount to the Max to take into account the need for a new Bluetooth Smartcord to make them equivalent.

MSRP on a Max2 is $599 compared to $549 for the Max
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top