FS: Awesome Dell 4550 Computer with 19" LCD and 19" CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
most people do not sell computers on these forums, just pieces of computers

you would sell most of the components if you split it up and put individual prices on each part, like cpu, motherboard, ram, hard drives, video card, case + ps and whatever else you have

most folk here are geeks that build their own machines. The reason your thread is getting attention is some look for a good deal.

For most people, Dell is fine... I have a few now and past, but only bought one outright... the rest are hobbits and trades for services. The problem is when you buy a Dell, theyre marked up as much as very smart marketing people and engineers and can muster for a specific model. Now just because you have paid the full price, dont really expect to pass that on to a big pile of geeks.

As an example... I traded a Dell Dimension 4400 for a smallish lappy.
My 4400 had:
P4 1.7
2x512 PC2100
PNY GF3 64ddr
SB live value
20 gb HDD
CD
CDRW
FDD
XP Home, and will have a fresh install.
Convexant modem
3com NIC
new keyboard/optical mouse.

I got an older Inspiron 3800 and it was about a fair trade. My 4400 was worth maybe 350-400 dollars.. maybe alittle more... but it was a Dell.

We're just trying to let you know what to expect. I suggest you pull your machine and try it on Ebay or yahoo or something.

I honestly hope you find a buyer... if you do, let him know I have all kinds of stuff he needs.

if you want my advice, your best bet is putting it in your local newspaper, because your average joe is dumb enough to buy a computer for more than it's worth :D

dragondagger55555 said:
MY NEW PRICE IS $1,800 including shipping and handeling via paypal.
Ok, I figure if I check back somewhere around Nov. 7th the price should be around the 1200 to 1000 that the system is worth.

Curr Price == Orig Price - (200 * Int(Days((Curr Date - OP Date)/10)) ;)

xxiv

unit24 said:
Ok, I figure if I check back somewhere around Nov. 7th the price should be around the 1200 to 1000 that the system is worth.

Curr Price == Orig Price - (200 * Int(Days((Curr Date - OP Date)/10)) ;)

xxiv

haha

that was a good post

sucks3.jpg

Please?

have? or hate? i think we all get a kick out of it actually :D and normally no one would be an ass like this and make fun of a thread... but this one is so ridiculous that everyone has agreed that its ok to bash it :p

Humm... Just Put together an A64 system WITH a 6800 for $850, lets see dell for twice as much? I think not....

lol please stop bumping this... not a single person has posted an interest in this item... actually i believe everyone has chosen to inform you that it is marked up WAY too high. use your common sense and give up :rolleyes:

Yeah.. his price is WAY overpriced.. and he probably wont sell it for anything near his asking price.. but bashing him for this long is rather rude. This is a free forum and if he was breaking the rules, this thread would have been locked a long time ago.

I think the ppl on this forum are smart enough to know what things are worth here.. and the first few posts which let him know how much his stuff is actually worth should suffice. The constant bashing is just being rather mean.

I'll buy it.................................................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Several people are being entirely too rude, but at the same time your being a bit stubborn. If you need the money, part it out.

I'm guessing you might find some people interested in the Monitors, the 9800PRO, the RAM, the 120GB harddrive, if the prices are right.

With barebones system left behind you might even sale cheap to someone who wants ot make a leightweigher server/router or web computer for mom and dad.

when i first saw this i thought it was a friend of mine he has 2g's dumped into a dell, and my 400 homebuilt out performs it in every aspect.

I dont have time to read through all the posts, but surely you have realized most all of us [H]'ers pretty much know how to build that system at half or below that. Maybe Egay is your best bet now;)
I do admire your persistence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back