FS: Athlon 64 3200+ S939 (90nm)

matt9669

Limp Gawd
I'm currently running Prime95 tests on this CPU but so far, it is torture test stable at 2.58GHz, 1.6v. (Testing at 1.65v did not give me any improvements - but as always, YMMV) Relevant parts of my setup are:

Abit AV8-3rdEye
1GB Corsair PC4000 Pro
Lian-Li V1000 case

The cooler I am using is one robbed from my brother's Soltek AMD64 SFF machine because it is super-easy to install/uninstall. I would consider it a mid-range aircooler, it runs an 80mm fan @ 3200rpm and has a copper core w/ Al fins.

I originally bought this CPU to go with my Vapochill Lightspeed, but in case you didn't know, these 90nm "Winchester" A64's do NOT like to go below 0 deg. C. You can read on XtremeSystems forums if you are interested, but except for a few with a beta BIOS on the MSI nForce3 board, you simply cannot run a Winchester machine below zero CPU temp. So, I've decided I'm going to uglify my bank statement and purchase an FX-55 - top-notch phase-change cooling should go with the best CPU around, don't you think? :D

As for the sale details:

- My eBay profile is also "matt9669", look there to see my history.
- I use [email protected] for Paypal. All messages sent to the mattoverclocked.com domain are bounced to my school address, [email protected], I only use the domain address for sorting and filekeeping purposes.
- I am looking for $200 for this CPU. It was originally a retail CPU, but I do not have the original box - however, I am including the retail cooler and AMD64 case badge, along with UPS Ground insured for $200 to anywhere in the US, for the $200 price.
- Feel free to ask me any questions, but please do so at [email protected] as Outlook will autosort the message for me (I get a LOT of email on a daily basis). Also I will be checking my PM's regularly until this is sold, although email is more likely to be returned quickly.
- I'd be willing to trade for an FX-55 and pay the difference in cash - send me an offer!

-- Matt Davis

All the Socket 939 chips, except the 4000+ and the FX series, are 512k cache. I did some synthetic tests against Opteron chips in Sandra (all Opterons have 1MB cache) and the Winchester came out surprisingly good. It's said that these 90nm chips perform a bit faster clock-for-clock and that seems to be the case, at least in my testing - the FPU scores were a few percentage points higher, not much but who's complaining :rolleyes:

Too bad AMD decided not to tell anyone about changing the thermail diode, otherwise I'd be giving it some Vapochill luvin :p

On the brighter side, these are supposed to run a bit cooler than the 130nm Newcastles, but I've never owned a Newcastle so I couldn't say . . .

Well warrior1, I'm trying to go all out for Christmas, and my wishlist basically includes an SLI motherboard, 2 PCIe 6800 GT/Ultra's, and an FX-55. If you'd be willing to trade any of those (if you actually have them - I haven't seen a single SLI board for sale yet!) I'd be interested!!

OK wait, I do have one - I'm gonna need 1GB of DDR for another machine - if you have 1GB of quality RAM (Corsair or the like) for dual channel operation, I might trade you . . .

mite want to ease up on the replies/bump.

other wise, bump for a nice cpu.

*bump for the night*

Anyone has a question in the next hr/so, use the email addy, I'll hear Outlook go "ding" or whatever. Otherwise I guess I'm off to bed. :eek:

<midday bump>

Just a note, if you don't need the retail cooler, I'll make the price $190 as this will reduce my cost to ship. UPS Ground insured and AMD64 badge still included, all for $190!

Sorry to all potential buyers - I just talked to a friend who needs my CPU and motherboard, both of which I am trying to get rid of. So I cannot sell it anymore. I will be ignoring further PM's on the subject, and I ask the moderators to close this thread ASAP. Thanks for everyone's interest,

Back