FS: Asus Transformer Pad TF101 (16GB) w/ Dock

darkdub

Weaksauce
SOLD! Have an Asus TF101 for sale, including a dock and 16GB SD card. Would like $200 for the bundle.

3La3Fd3q95E55K25sad6n8e9348fd17901978.jpg

Includes the following:
  • Asus Transformer Eee Pad TF101 (16GB) [details]
  • Additional 16GB Class-10 MicroSD Card [details]
  • Dock / base [details]
  • Wall charger and cable (standard).

Details:
  • Running Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) -- not available on stock firmware
  • Tested, stable overclock at 1.4Ghz
  • Running Kat Kernel, OC'd GPU

The keyboard base / dock adds another 5 - 7 hours of usable time to the tablet, obviously depending on the type of usage. Watching movies / playing games is more taxing than simple web browsing. The dock will also charge the tablet battery when connected, so you can use it to keep the tablet topped off when not in use. I've used the tablet for day-long meeting / presentation sessions, watching various podcasts (thanks to Plex) on the trip and never run out of battery.

For those of you tethering your tablet to phone for Internet connectivity -- I've written a script on the tablet to properly set DNS / forwarding settings when utilizing a VPN on your phone for data security / encapsulation purposes. It's included as well.

Finally, the obligatory why are you selling it if it's so cool answer. For what it is, it works great. The Android platform is great. But a fully-functional PC it is not. I'm replacing my Android tablet / Laptop combination with one of the new generation of Ultra-books. The biggest trade-off here is price -- to get a light system with a touch screen, long battery life and the functionality of a PC it's going to cost around $1,500.00. A little more than the $600 this tablet ran me originally.

I'm pricing this below the current going rate for a refurbished unit (tablet $220 + dock $120 or more + SD card $10 = $350) at $200, along with the added benefit of JellyBean + a tested environment.

PM if interested. Thanks!

Last edited:
bump. $200. any takers? reduced price. unit is in perfect condition.

if no interest by the weekend i'll close the thread and sell over on ebay.

Back