FS: ASUS G751JT (4710 HQ, 16GB RAM, 970M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedblue12345

[H]ard|Gawd
As seen here: http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-G751JT-1...d=1443831362&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+g751jt-dh72

Specs:
4710 HQ Core i7
16GB RAM
256GB Samsung 840 EVO (1 open 2.5", 1 M2 slot in current HDD bay) , Note no 1TB Drive Included
GTX 970m 3GB (Flashed Unlocked BIOS, Can Return to Stock)
Windows 10
17" IPS Display

Great condition, no wear. No dead pixels. Will come with AC adapter and original box (box is torn) and a fresh Windows 10 install (you will need to install additional drivers from ASUS' website).

Asking $950 shipped firm. Verified Paypal from trusted buyers only. Will be shipped USPS insured 2 day priority. I can provide more pictures if desired.

Pics:

http://imgur.com/a/0c7gp

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Curious, what does that unlocked BIOS do for you on that 970m? I know in the past, you could maybe unlock a 640m and turn it into a 660m, so I would be interested to know how this works on the 970m?

Curious, what does that unlocked BIOS do for you on that 970m? I know in the past, you could maybe unlock a 640m and turn it into a 660m, so I would be interested to know how this works on the 970m?

It unlocks it so that you can change voltage / core speed. There's no extra hardware to enable (unfortunately). Stock it's locked to stock voltage and +135 mhz on the core. Usually these can go much higher and possibly equal around 980m speeds (potentially). I currently have it on a modest overclock (+200 mhz on cpu, and +250 mhz on memory).

Last edited:
This is an amazing laptop.

It has the best cooling out there. The air intake is through the ports on the side and on the speaker grill behind the monitor which means this laptop is completely usable even on a bed and the keyboard area is completely cool.

You can also put mobile G-SYNC hack into it by installing 347.88 WHQL and G-Tools Beta 2 (though you have to run games in Full Screen mode and some games have issues with micro black screen but it is still worth it. Also if you are using Windows 10 you have to block windows update from automatically overriding the NVIDIA driver by downloading and using the tool called wushowhide.diagcab).

The screen is also easily overclockable to 100Hz which makes a huge difference in smoothness and input lag and coupled with G-Sync you can play any game buttery smooth.

Only problem with the G751 series is that the USB 3.0 on the left side is not up to spec and it can only deliver 450 mA of combined power instead of 500 mA each though the right USB port works fine.

You also have to download Audio driver so the speakers are atleast usable: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...d-Problem-(internal-speakers-only)-FIX-IS-OUT!

Still for the price this is the best bang for the back, you get high end specs (Core i7 4710HQ that can maintain the max turbo at load and doesn't throttle, GTX 970m, 4x DIMM slots, 1x m.2 or 2.5" slot and another 2.5" slot. Overclockable IPS display. Mobile G-Sync hack. Good Cooling solution, Great keyboard, Solid Built Quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back