FS: Arcy's Moving out of the Dorm sale: Folding Monster, Media Server, Macbook Pro

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
Arcy's Moving out of the dorms sale.

Over the last year or so, I've accumulated a lot of crap. I've also finished using a bunch of different things that I no longer have use for, after integrating my media server into my main machine. So, I've decided to make a bit of cash, to fund all my bad habits :D.

Now, This thread will be updated as often as I can - As I move out, and pack up, more stuff (and a bunch of random, really cheap crap) will probably come up for sale.

Terms and Conditions:
All prices INCLUDE shipping (unless specified) and are open to offers. If you lowball, I will ignore your offer :)

Payments must be made by non-CC paypal, or if you'd prefer, you can send me cash/money order in the mail (I will NOT ship until I've received payment).​

Items for Sale:

- Macbook Pro Core Duo 2.0ghz. 750$ Shipped UPS 3 day (OBO). My Macbook pro has served me well, but alas, it's time to downsize to an ultraportable or something cheap. The laptop is in great condition, there are light usage scuffs on the top of the case, there are some paint issues (affecting all MBP's), but the screen is flawless and the keyboard is clean.The specs are as follows:

Mac OSX 10.5
- Intel Core Duo 2.0ghz
- 15.4" screen in perfect condition, No blemishes, dead pixels etc. etc.
- 2gb DDR667 RAM
- 100gb HDD (10gb partition for bootcamp already set up)
- 256mb X1600 GPU (NOT the standard 128mb version! Plays Oblivion great)
- Two batteries (One is less than two months old, one is still in good condition, but was - used lightly for about 2 years)
- Power Cable
- Under Applecare warranty until the end of this Summer.
- Macromedia suite software
- Registered Coolbook undervolting software (Lock your CPU at 1ghz @ 0.95v for a 30c temp drop)

Open.jpg

Specs.jpg

VideoSpecs.jpg

More pics, and higher res shots on request! I want someone to take this off my hands :)

- SFF Media Server. 120$ Shipped (OBO) CONUSA . This SSF case can hold up to 7 drives. It currently has room for 4 SATA drives (On a PCI controller, that's tested to work with 500gb, 1TB and 1.5TB drives) and a PATA (IDE) OS drive. The drive array is cooled with 2 5v 80mm fans, and the entire system runs below ambient noise levels (Sub 20dba) when the drives have spun up. You can attach up to 2 more IDE drives, if you'd like.

You can see the entire work log here.

-The 80gb OS Drive is included.
-The PSU is included.
-The SATA controller card is included.
-That piece of translucent Plexiglas helps reduce drive vibration.
-Everything you see in the following pic is included (You need that Allen Key)

SFFserver.jpg

20k Watercooled PPD Folding Rig and Parts 700$ Shipped (OBO) CONUSA * SEE BELOW* Alright, so this is my folding monster... Equipped with 4 watercooled 8800GS cards, a triple radiator, and an MSI AM2 KA92 platinum motherboard. It's equipped with a Thermaltake TX750 PSU, and a 65w AM2 Orleans core 3200+ CPU. You can see it's in a Coolermaster 590 case, with a custom white powdercoated interior... The machine boots from an OCZ 2gb USB stick (slowly - but this does not impact folding speed at all, as I've reached 22000ppd at one point). The machine is sold as-is, but you can check my folding history, to see I was pushing out 140k weeks like nobody's business. The machine has since been off due to a complete lack of funds... Power costs and all.

The machine cost me 1300$ to build. Shipped CONUSA, in it's current state I'll be looking for offers around the 700$ range.
Please check out the worklog for further details, pictures, and information.

If I get no immediate offers, I'll be parting it out. You can call dibs on the pieces right now, for the following prices:
4x 8800GS: 55$ each Shipped CONUSA Does not include the stock heatsink, but GET A FREE WATERBLOCK (maze4 low profile with barbs). If you must have the HSF - I will mail it at my expense in August.
MSI KA92 Platinum: 90$ Shipped (OBO) CONUSA
Modified Thermaltake Power Supply: 55$ Shipped (OBO) CONUSA Please search my worklog to see the modifications done to the PSU. Sold AS IS.
AM2 3200+ CPU: 30$ shipped CONUSA Clocks between 1800mhz and 2800mhz. I left it at 1800mhz for it's service life. Comes with the HSF if you'd like, for an extra 4$ shipping.
Radiator: MSR320 Triple Radiator with minor Cosmetic Damage. 40$ Shipped CONUSA. [PENDING] Comes with Barbs.

I'm not selling the DDR2 RAM, nor the case, if I part out... As both of these can be used in other applications.

28fourgpusinstalled.jpg

The cheap stuff (pt1) :):
- 10/100 NIC. 5$ OBO. Doesn't come with Drivers, but windows recognizes it and installs it automatically.
- Black 120mm Fan Grill. 2$. Mint condition
- Rubber Drive Rails - modified for covered 5.25" bays 5$. Yes, the mod is ugly, but it lets a single hard drive fit in a 5.25" bay slot WITH the bay cover attached...

- Besley G1/4" Watercooling Taps. 10$ each plus shipping (Usually about 3$ CONUSA). They're OEM models made by Besley, very good quality taps. Make your own waterblocks and Watercooling Pieces! These are worth about 25$ NIB, each.

Last edited:
Still have dibs on the media server just awaiting the check which should be deposited next Tues

To the top...

Still waiting on a few more offers on the parts before I part out the folding machine. We're almost there folks.

Pending on the server still.

Sorry, Just cash... I'm honestly using the money to pay rent ahaha...

Thanks for looking (and thanks for the bump 69!)

Hoping to snag that SFF beauty. Couldn't find a small case to house plenty drives and looks like this moded one will do great, looks amazing too.
Bump

i can't finad ANY info on the KA92 plat.

oh, its the K9A2...you should change that :). friendly advice...if i ddn;t have a triple sli board being unused atm, i;d be all over this...unless you want a trade...whic you don't lol

Dangit, I want that folding monster, but I can't justify the cost and am supposed to be saving for college.

Back